Page 155 of 183 FirstFirst ... 135145150151152153154155156157158159160165175 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1829

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well I just doubled the price of my Predaking - drove to the post office to see if it had arrived and hit a side post and put a rip in my Ute tyre - $257
    Gosh, that sucks. Didn't you buy a Predaking from Amazon, and it arrived dented because they packed it poorly? Man, it's hard to collect things MISB these days!

Well I just doubled the price of my Predaking - drove to the post office to see if it had arrived and hit a side post and put a rip in my Ute tyre - $257
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    shiiit!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    Oh slag!
    Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Gosh, that sucks. Didn't you buy a Predaking from Amazon, and it arrived dented because they packed it poorly? Man, it's hard to collect things MISB these days!
    Yep, though I ordered two and one was for another Ozformer mate and they were posted to him. I haven't examined it yet but knowing the guy he is he probably kept the pretty battered one and sent me the one with only minor damage.

But yeah, feeling pretty stupid and out of pocket. Especially since it turns out for the first time ever they delivered the package to our farmhouse and it never went near the post office

Your sympathies are appreciated guys

Got a bit annoyed. Got a message from our in-laws saying that they are going away for a full week from before Xmas to after and did we want to catch up before they leave to exchange presents/catch up etc.

A while ago I had discussed with his parents and booked in my nephew to come see the Bumblebee Movie for my sons birthday on the 22nd. We are even driving all the way to Bathurst (where they live) to see it as it's the nearest cinema to us (over an hour away).

So they just totally forgot and then started giving us a spiel about how they had already booked the cat in to a pet babysitters etc and had planned this trip weeks ago etc. For everyone this event was the least effort for them. My sons other mates parents are driving from Rylstone, Kandos and Lithgow respectively so going a long way which we really appreciate. All the in-laws had to do was save the date and drive 5 minutes down the road.

Anyway, it became a bit of a thing. No accusations but when they said they didn't know about it I was able to screenshot texts and FB PM's where we had discussed it. It wouldn't be such a big deal but my son adores his cousin and it would be a real disappointment if he wasnt there. So at this rate we are hoping there is a morning session (meaning we and the other families have to leave at like 8am ) so his cousin can be there before his family has to hit the road. It's a damn annoyance.

You haven't had a good run of it of late have you mate! Hope you get to see it as planned.

In-laws suuuuuuck sometimes. But then again my whole family is like that. Minimal effort required but ends up with maximum carnage and us looking like the bad guys.

The figures themselves aren't the only part of Cyberverse that's seen a drop in quality
    They just don't write 'em like they used to.

In all fairness, it's not isolated to Cyberverse; TLK Functions are just as lame. And no, I don't accept, "It's for kids" as an excuse. G1 was for kids too. We were all kids in 1984 and we recognised superior quality in writing when we saw it. It's why we were more attracted to Transformers lore than we were to the likes of say Challenge of the Go-Bots, Turbo Teen and other 80s properties that have barely seen the light of day until IDW decides to awkwardly cross them over with the Transformers (quit riding on our coattails and get your own titles!)

Got a bit annoyed. Got a message from our in-laws saying that they are going away for a full week from before Xmas to after and did we want to catch up before they leave to exchange presents/catch up etc.

A while ago I had discussed with his parents and booked in my nephew to come see the Bumblebee Movie for my sons birthday on the 22nd. We are even driving all the way to Bathurst (where they live) to see it as it's the nearest cinema to us (over an hour away).

So they just totally forgot and then started giving us a spiel about how they had already booked the cat in to a pet babysitters etc and had planned this trip weeks ago etc. For everyone this event was the least effort for them. My sons other mates parents are driving from Rylstone, Kandos and Lithgow respectively so going a long way which we really appreciate. All the in-laws had to do was save the date and drive 5 minutes down the road.

Anyway, it became a bit of a thing. No accusations but when they said they didn't know about it I was able to screenshot texts and FB PM's where we had discussed it. It wouldn't be such a big deal but my son adores his cousin and it would be a real disappointment if he wasnt there. So at this rate we are hoping there is a morning session (meaning we and the other families have to leave at like 8am ) so his cousin can be there before his family has to hit the road. It's a damn annoyance.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    In-laws suuuuuuck sometimes. But then again my whole family is like that. Minimal effort required but ends up with maximum carnage and us looking like the bad guys.
    And now when I texted the showing times I got an irate message back 'You know, the protocol is that the hosting parents pay for everything'. Eg - this is an inconvenience so you can pay for it.

I mean, for frags sake! So we told them we are paying for all the kids tickets for the Bumblebee movie but adults have to pay for themselves. So now they are only sending their son. Obviously they would rather not show up for their only nephews birthday rather than pay for an extra movie ticket so one of the adults can come along and help out

I personally find that the friends/family that don't make an effort if that involves them spending their own money are the best friends/family.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Half the family forgot my birthday. Wont worry about them.

I’ve been opening some TFs I’ve had for a while and it’s like one disappointment after another. I don’t know if I’m being more picky/fussy or if quality is going down. I think it’s more the former but the latter is also true. But it’s possibly also just a sign of fatigue after 35 years. I think I want to get rid of more stuff and setting a very high bar for what I keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Half the family forgot my birthday. Wont worry about them.
    Well as soon as i removed my birthdate from facebook, only my wife remembers it. I'd say you're still lucky to have half of the family as i only have my better half