Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Stuff

This is sorta news, but I wasn't sure if it deserved to be in the News section, so will just post it here.

Earlier today was the 15th birthday of the current TFW2005 website, as it was launched April 20th 2000.

Even though we are three years older, that's a great achievement for a major fansite to still be running so long unchanged and with the same administration running it. Especially after a number of the major fansites in the late 90s fell apart or died off.
    EDIT - looks like the TFW2005 domain was not being used from about 2001 to 2003 because of a partnership with another fansite... so about 12 years as an unchanged ongoing entity. (to be fair, our site/group has evolved over our 18 years as well, in both name and location, so they still deserve the milestone of 15 years for being in some form as a single entity)

I joined there in July 2005, not for interacting, but to get to know more of the people who were going to BotCon, which was on in two months time. (I actually tried to join the four major fansites at that time, but only TFW2005 and Allspark activated me... as it was still a manual process back then on most sites), so those were the two sites I would log into and occasionally post for a while, and then more recently just TFW. So I'm just 3 months away from being a member there for 10 years... which I'm surprised to realise that it is two-thirds of their existence, as I didn't think that I was a member there that long.
    Last edited by griffin; 21st April 2015 at 09:11 PM.

And for 15 years I've refused to join that website. I do read their forums however and visit the site daily, there's just a really bad element of people flaming each other which goes unchecked and unmoderated. There's a definite elitist attitude amongst many of their members. Ozformers is the complete opposite which is why it's my site of choice for interacting with other fans. Long live Ozformers!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    And for 15 years I've refused to join that website. I do read their forums however and visit the site daily, there's just a really bad element of people flaming each other which goes unchecked and unmoderated. There's a definite elitist attitude amongst many of their members. Ozformers is the complete opposite which is why it's my site of choice for interacting with other fans. Long live Ozformers!
    I agree I've gone there a few times and it looks pretty heated.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I've been a member on that site for 4-5 years now under the same name I use here & after thousands of posts over there, I've bought things at fantastic prices & made quite a few good mates from all around the world. I'm not saying there aren't a few whack-jobs who frequent those boards (there are parts of those boards that I stay well away from) but all-in-all, I don't mind that site - it's alright.

The 7 Network are really cashing in on the second Avengers movie.
    Last weekend they had the first Avengers movie and the Hulk movie on Channel 7, and this Sunday they are playing both again on Channel 73.

And I'll probably still watch the Avengers movie again on the repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The 7 Network are really cashing in on the second Avengers movie.
    Last weekend they had the first Avengers movie and the Hulk movie on Channel 7, and this Sunday they are playing both again on Channel 73.

And I'll probably still watch the Avengers movie again on the repeat...
    Pfft. Watch it on Blu Ray or not at all

I watched most of the Hulk movie the other night. First time since it came out. It wasn't as bad as I remember it being, but maybe that is just my expectations.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

A capella versions of...
    The Mortal Kombat theme (parental discretion advised; graphic violence)
    The X-Men theme
    And more!

David Letterman is finally leaving late night TV this week, with the final show on Thursday night in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    They used a picture of MP Megatron to represent G1 megs?

They seem to think the He-man/Battlecat pack "commands a high price because it's rare", when it's actually an AFA.

This listicle pisses me off because they didn't use completed listings. Anyone can list a toy for ten grand, doesn't mean it's worth that amount.

just uggghhh. worst. and someone got paid to "write" this.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2