Page 10 of 183 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Interesting response from TCC...Thanks for the link SuspectimusPrime
    Thats putting it nicely.

I am officially tired of sticker sheets for my Japanese Prime toys. Too damn fiddly and I'd rather they dropped the Micron and gave me nice shiny paint instead.

Just spoke with a friend of mine -- he has a loose in box complete G1 Trypticon. A toy from his childhood which he has diligently maintained in excellent and complete condition with box, tray... everything. He's about to get married and he told me that his mother recently went through his room and decided that he didn't need this "old toy" anymore and CHUCKED IT OUT.

That's right, she threw away a loose complete in box w/ tray and inserts original G1 1986 Trypticon.

He then went for a mad frenzy through the rubbish and eventually salvaged it... but sadly the box was massively damaged, including water damage and a massive tear from one corner to another! Thankfully the toy itself is still fine. But fffuuuuuu--- He has no intention of ever selling this toy (I've spent over a decade and a half trying to buy it off him ), and it's good that the toy's still okay... but still, to think that he's managed to take such good care of this toy and its box for 26 years; only to have it tossed out in the rubbish by his mum and the box massively damaged. Gah!

omg... one of the most emotional phone conversations about a toy evah!

I think the lesson there is, you shouldn't be living with your mother after 26 years

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I think the lesson there is, you shouldn't be living with your mother after 26 years
    Or inform your mother that toys, especially Transformers actually are worth MONEY lol

But that may have prompted the mother to sold them which would have been worse!

oh god what a horrible story

See that's one bad thing I hear about these mother's who do not respect their grown up kids privacy. Going thru his stuff and deciding arbitrarily like that ... has she not observed or KNOW her son at all?? My mom would never throw anything from my room, unless it was in the bin. She asks me first for items that I might keep coz she knows I collect stuff since I was in elementary. She knows my habits and stuff and as a sign of respect asks.... that is just rude of your friend's mum Gok.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I have a similar story. I had a poster in my bedroom back at my parents place and it was personally signed by the band after a concert I had attended. I was in the process of moving out (bought my own house) and the poster was one of the last items I needed to collect. My dad, taking the initiative to 'help' tidy my old room, scrunched up the poster and threw it in the bin with the rest of the household waste.

I was pissed-off to say the least and still am. The concert was one of the first dates I went on with my now wife so I had a lot of fond memories of that night. The question I kept asking myself is - why would he do that; it was a friggen poster that took up little space! He could have just as easily rolled it up and kept it aside for me. I've never forgiven him for that... amongst other things.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Simple - another man's junk is another man's treasure. Most other people don't value collections and just consider them rubbish.

I have stuff at home that my dad constantly bug me about throwing them out. I politely ask him to leave my old room alone unless they are going to use it. It's not bothering anyone. He just has nothing to do (retired) so he just wants to be busy. I lost a small box filled w/ g1 accessories/guns. I kept them together and I knew where they are before I left but now all gone

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    He's not. He's been living with his fiancée for the last few years. I think the lesson is, when you move out, don't leave any valuables behind.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Or inform your mother that toys, especially Transformers actually are worth MONEY lol
    This too.

Did his mum at least feel bad when he informed her of her mistake/value of toy?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain