Thread: AusPost price increase starts 3rd October 2016

Megatran Guest

Default AusPost price increase starts 3rd October 2016

On 3rd October, AusPost will be adjusting some of their prices .... up again.

Small parcels: Weight (up to 500g) $7.60 (was $7.45)

Link to AusPost announcement:
    http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/pricing-updates.html
    Last edited by Megatran; 27th September 2016 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added link to AusPost pricing update

Would be cool if these increases equalled an increase in the quality of their time to deliver.
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Quote Originally Posted by PROVOST View Post
    Would be cool if these increases equalled an increase in the quality of their time to deliver.
    exactly, I had a parcel that took 23.5 hours to go from the DC to the parcel lockers right out the front of said DC....

A common thing that happens with me is that an item would arrive within a couple of days from overseas to the Chullora distribution centre and then stay a week or more there before it gets delivered to my door.

An awful trend which follows what they're doing with letters. No wonder all my banking and utilities suppliers are now charging for paper bills.

I think there's now some courier companies that can post certain parcel sizes for cheaper and with better service

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    An awful trend which follows what they're doing with letters. No wonder all my banking and utilities suppliers are now charging for paper bills.

I think there's now some courier companies that can post certain parcel sizes for cheaper and with better service
    A lot of businesses are excluding Australia Post altogether and choosing private businesses to courier or deliveries. I believe this is due to a combination of better reliability and cost rather than cost alone which Australia post seems to be become worse and worse at.

Australia Post are repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot with their business practices. It almost seems as if they want to eventually sabotage themselves so that they can be closed down.

So the letter I got from Energy Australia about them charging for the paper paper bills now makes sense...

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yea, saw the notice plastered on my local po as I went in to get a parcel. Seemed a bit not right, I get it home and it's been bent. It was one of those led usb powered light strips. It's got an aluminium outer U case with a plastic top cover. The thing was destroyed in post. First destroyed thing I've ever gotten and they want to charge more now why?
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

My parcel says delivered to my parcel locker but I have no notifications to retrieve it sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    A lot of businesses are excluding Australia Post altogether and choosing private businesses to courier or deliveries. I believe this is due to a combination of better reliability and cost rather than cost alone which Australia post seems to be become worse and worse at.
    This is true, while the private courier/postage services are not going to significantly reduce your spend overall, you get way more bang for buck. e.g. getting express postage at the same price as what AusPost would charge for regular post.