Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game Acquisitions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Man I love the dreamcast. I spent soooo much time cranking Crazy Taxi! That game was GOLD!

I even got my Mum into it, although she would do alright for a while and then start laughing too much and couldn't continue...

You know what she would laugh at? The people riding in the back, and THEN she would laugh harder at them complaining... Her game skills went downhill from there, but I laughed my ass off at her... Ha! Good times, good times!
    Haha, it's a pretty hilarious game hey! Did you play Virtua Tennis 2 much? Used to have intense battles with my friend every lunch while going to TAFE, the tantrums and controller throwing was ridiculous but god we loved it (still do). Could play that game for hours upon hours.

Some other ones I remember playing for hours on end: Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 (the game that NFS later ripped off), Jet Set Radio, Le Mans 24 Hours (ramming was so much fun), Tech Romancer, Gigawing, MvC2, Metropolis Street Racer, Soul Calibur, Cannon Spike, Zombie Revenge, Ikaruga...To name but a few. Best console ever!

Couple recent pickups:
    Club Nintendo Animal Crossing Soundtrack:

A workmate was passing through our UK office and so he bought this back for me! Can't stand letting those imported points go to waste!

Freebie SFxT tapestry style poster from JB!

Hanging from the door for the pic.. not sure where it'll go but nice for free!

I really need to get around to taking some pics of my stuff , but those are some pretty cool acquisitions guys ; I never had a Dreamcast myself DD but a mate did and he swore by it back in the day, did you ever get to play MK Gold or Quake 3 on it and were they any good?

Nabbed Dragonball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi for the PS3 for the decent price of $50. Cheapest I've seen it online or in store.

Very pretty game, but lots of qte. Still not as good afighter as Super DBZ or even Budokai 3, but better than the last few games on the latest gen.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I really need to get around to taking some pics of my stuff , but those are some pretty cool acquisitions guys ; I never had a Dreamcast myself DD but a mate did and he swore by it back in the day, did you ever get to play MK Gold or Quake 3 on it and were they any good?
    You do! Love seeing new acquisitions, hehe.

I never played the Dreamcast games you mentioned Hursti but I do intend to pickup Quake III as I've heard the Dreamcast port is quite glorious! And your friend sounds like a legend! For me, the Dreamcast was the last console that made me feel truly proud to be a gamer. It has the X-Factor! The Playstation 2 has a lot of exceptional games, for sure, but for outright fun and entertainment the Dreamcast wins hands down for me.

Wish we could go back to those glory days...The Souls series is just about the only thing that's wowed me from this current generation of consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    did you ever get to play MK Gold or Quake 3 on it and were they any good?
    I've got both, Quake 3 is very well done, if you can get past the controls, and MK Gold whilst held back by some loading issues is probably the best version due to the extra characters and stages (MK3 church <3)

Dreamcast was definitely admirable for having such a broad range of high quality games in such a short span of time. It has a lot of good games and it's a shame the system wasn't around long enough to let developers get more out of it.

I hate the controller though, the dpad has got to be one of the worst ever (& more hate is lumped on it considering it came after the Saturn, one of the best ever!). Plus, playing fighting games, i used to get dents on the inside of my middle fingers, from bumping up against the huge expansion ports on the back! It's truly horrible for fighters since it only has the analog triggers as the 5th & 6th buttons. Was such a shame considering the wealth of fighting games it had too.

Yep, i went to the effort of buying a saturn style pad for playing MVC... Aside from that though, I had no major issues with the controller and even got some use out of the analogue triggers!

Vita love from me continues with 2 excellent new games and a pic of the case that came a few weeks back!

My first time playing Ninja Gaiden properly.. I once tried a 'copy' on the original Xbox many years ago but didn't give it much time... as tends to be the case when you're pirating for the sake of it. I found it too hard back then (maybe it was the duke controller!), but i'm absolutely loving it now that i've sunk some time into learning the combat system... it's still pretty damn difficult but incredibly rewarding too. Paying for games has its benefits

Virtua Tennis though, i have enjoyed since the original. This is definitely the nicest feeling and obviously looking version yet... i'm currently going through the world tour mode with my photo-aided create-a-character! It actually looks really good, now that i think about it should have saved a screenie of 'me' from the Vita, will do it another time! It's pretty damn full featured for launch software as well, no glaring mode omissions or anything - excellent!