Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney Infinity

Default Disney Infinity

http://games.ninemsn.com.au/news/dis...inity-revealed

To infinity, and beyond! Disney Infinity brings Disney characters togethe

Disney Infinity invites players into a world inspired by classic Disney and Pixar characters.

How does a game with all your favourite Disney characters sound?

Pretty awesome, right? Disney Infinity is just that, a gaming experience infused with decades of classic Disney animation.

Disney Infinity allows players to create stories and play in a game world influenced by the magical animated universes of The Walt Disney Company and Pixar Animation Studios.

In the game, players place figurines on the Disney Infinity base, which then unlocks the game world and new experiences.

It integrates collectible character figures with story-driven experiences, giving players the freedom to customise their own unique virtual world using their favourite characters.

In what is Disney Interactive's most ambitious game yet, Disney Infinity seems to offer the best of the Skylanders experience, mixing toy collecting and gaming with some of the most iconic characters in cinema history.

“With this innovative approach to gaming, Disney Infinity will bring to life new characters, stories and environments from The Walt Disney Company over time in a way that will delight fans and gamers alike,” said Disney Interactive co-president John Pleasants.

The game will be released initially with a lineup of 40 collectible interactive pieces and 17 character figures, so there's sure to be a wide range of Disney favourites to play with.

Disney Infinity will launch on all home gaming consoles this winter, with mobile launches planned for later in the year.

---------------

Seeing as how people like the skylanders game, will anybody be into collecting these?

This company knows how to get inside a collectors wallet. there's no doubt about that.

apart from not having the time for another game, or the money to collect another series of toys I love this concept. I think it'll go gang busters.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

So they're using RFID tech similar to Skylanders? I'm surprised this didn't come sooner. I can see my nephew being interested in this but he doesn't have a games console. Yet :-)

Oh man, that is pretty cool, i do like the incredibles and jack sparrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Oh man, that is pretty cool, i do like the incredibles and jack sparrow.
    I agree. I can see one of my friends who's into heroclix getting some of these.

When will Nintendo use this tech for 900+ Pokemon? Gotta catch them all.
    Disney should do this for a marvel heros game
    How long till transformers come with RFID chips

I love skylanders
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Man i dont get how some of those skylander figures can cost upwards of $500-$1000

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    How long till transformers come with RFID chips
    I could see it being done with bot shots. With a proper transformer not really. I mean how much more would a deluxe cost with an RFID gimmick embedded in it?

I really think heroclix should do this but how would you incorporate your older non RFID clix in with the newer stuff?

Lego could even get in on the act with Ninjago, Legends of Chima or Hero Factory.

WOW, Botshots, it's like they're already made for the concept, they have a basic online game already, all you need is the pedestal to stand them on that hooks up to your PC!!

what is Hasbro waiting for?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Man i dont get how some of those skylander figures can cost upwards of $500-$1000
    Coz they are uber rare. Some limited edition ones. But that's what people want to charge, haven't seen any actually sell at those prices.