Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Maximum Dinobots

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    The biggest flaw in my mind about Maximum Dinobots that is really hurting my enjoyment of it comes from the art side. I cannot stand the new designs for the Dinobots or if you’d prefer “Dynobots”. It’s just plain fugly with the exception of Grimlock’s robot mode. All of the alt modes of the Dinobots and the robot modes are just such a major departure from G1. If you look at the other Autobots/Decepticons, most of them are modernised versions of their G1 selves. Their key features are preserved such as their chests, arms and armour. These Dinobots lose way too much of that in alt mode and robot mode for me to even identify them. Swoop has massive beady eyes and the others are just not even close. I’m all for new but this reinterpretation steers just too far from their original look for me to get completely into the book.

The Decepticons are still on Earth. This irks me b/c its just on the edge of my mind but #1 brings that back to the fore. I can’t help but question then how and when will this plot get resolved? I suspect we might not even see them given that AHM is in progress. And that to me makes it hard to enjoy as I feel with AHM, we’ve moved passed that and forgotten about a convoluted past but now its still there and unresolved. With AHM its quite easy to ignore b/c I can feel its standalone but here this is where it really hurts b/c it is Furman’s story and I just can’t see Megatron seeing Grimlock and turning a blind eye. I think this might be resolved after AHM is concluded in Furman’s next mini but this might continue to hurt my enjoyment if its constantly in the background
    I have to agree with you on those points. The Dinobot designs are tragic, what are these Animated Dinobots V2??? The Same with the massive continuity holes forming in the IDW universe, they started of as tiny black holes and then grew and grew, soo I fear the whole universe will collapse in on itself and be sucked into.. um the dead universe I guess. I really wish they had run this before AHM, or cut of AHM as a seperate universe my enjoyment of both books is signficantly dampened by this continuity schisim.

As for Furmans writting personaly I much prefer the galxy spanning multiple thread stories of the previous years, felt like there was always something to grab my intereset granted It got a bit out of control but it had nice epic feeling.

Some of my beef with the plot though is there is no fight between Hot Rod and Scorponok. Scorponok goes from the end of #1 to the start of #2 to just kicking Hot Rod’s butt. Its way too jarring a transition to me and I can’t help but feel that a writer as longstanding as Furman could drop the ball like that.
    Really? I liked that it started with Hotrod all messed up, it instantly grabbed my attention and propelled me back into the story. Also I feel thats what should happen when one goes up against somone as mighty as Scorponok and I'm happy to let my immagination fill in the blanks. Besides any fight with Hotrod is an anticlimax because we know Hotrod survives.

Overall though it's pretty average so far, this may be the 25th Anniversary of the Transfomers but IDW's books are not currently grabbing me.

Quote Originally Posted by kuzzy View Post
    can i ask what maximum dynobots is ment to be about?
    Briefly: Grimlock tracking down the missing Dinobots, Sunstreaker tracking down his missing head, and Scorponok attempting to rise to power with his Headmaster army.

Maximum Dinobots is set immediately after Spotlight: Grimlock, and occurs concurrently with Revelation. This is all set one year before AHM allegedly occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Meanwhile the Hunter/Sunstreaker duo are okay but what I found to be really annoying was Sunstreaker apologising to Hunter for making how much he didn’t like sharing a body with Hunter. Sunstreaker has always struck me as pretty obnoxious and stern. It just didn’t feel right to me especially given his earlier appearance in the Infiltration series.
    If this is their conversation in issue 1, then I believe you've read it wrong. Sunstreaker was being snarky.

And I love Nick Roche. He's a talented artist and writer.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I got #2 yesterday. I mainly spent the time reading it mentally screaming about how awesome and kickass it was.

Although I like the Dinobot's designs, especially since they appear to be able to really transform and not be all cheaty like BW Dinobot's animation model, I'm not liking Swoop. It's like Animated Swoop had a retard baby. HE DOES NOT FIT.

Thinking of which, I think the main reason that the Dinobots look so different in comparison with the other characters is that they've had to change more to keep up with the march of science in regards to how dinosaurs looked. Cars and trucks have generally kept a same shape-dinosaurs haven't. Also, their origin as scanning extinct animals means that they HAD to look like real dinosaurs and not stylised mecha-dinosaurs like in G1.

Ahhh~ I've bought and read these
    I came in really late in the game for TF comics - by the time I started reading til ...I think... most of devastation was out!

I was intrigued by the whole headmaster thing - which I really like (thanks to me growing up on the japanese cartoons) - so I was really happy to see the continuation here So yeah - enjoying the series, and I like that it's going to be played out fully(ish) here

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Does anybody want to buy a bunch of Sunstreakers to repaint as Machination Headmasters?
    yes? Anyone have them for sale cheap?

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128
    I was intrigued by the whole headmaster thing - which I really like (thanks to me growing up on the japanese cartoons) - so I was really happy to see the continuation here
    Actually their Headmaster concept is much more like what we saw in the Anglophone continuity rather than Japanese continuity. *nods* (^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by lcz218
    Quote Originally Posted by FFN
    Does anybody want to buy a bunch of Sunstreakers to repaint as Machination Headmasters?
    Perhaps you guys could grab some Universe Sunstreakers at a sale or something. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    Ahhh~ I've bought and read these
    I came in really late in the game for TF comics - by the time I started reading til ...I think... most of devastation was out!

i win at coming in late :P
    i think at least AHM 1 was published before i got into any tf comics :P

and im already on the lookout for cheap sunstreakers on sale :P
    im going to make at least 1 of each, eventually..

More done in two issues of Max Dino's than in 6 of AHM. And best of all, it fits with what preceded it.

I am most interested in Hot Rod at this point, and how he connects with Kup and company while Sunstreaker seems to be back with the main Autobot force, I'm not sure whether to expect to make sense and tie into AHM, or if it's just going to be another unexplained mistake between AHM and the main storyline...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    i win at coming in late :P
    i think at least AHM 1 was published before i got into any tf comics :P

and im already on the lookout for cheap sunstreakers on sale :P
    im going to make at least 1 of each, eventually..
    That's actually excellent - Between the two of us - we'll have a formidable force to take on STL's Seeker army.

Oh. Wait. I think we'd still get pwnd :b

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    Oh. Wait. I think we'd still get pwnd :b
    Darn straight, Sherlock.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection