Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Price Matching Policies for Australian Store Chains that stock Toys

Updated first posting with existing information, so that I can chase up any updates from retailers.
    More images are to be added to first post shortly as well.

I thought i saw 10% price beat @ TRU Parra yesterday?

Ahh, price matching back at Target. I don't get it so much at Kmart now (if you're in Mounty County drop by ... please... ) but reading that thread about Target's Price Match policy brought back some memories.

I've never understood why bricks & mortar retailers are so pedantic about taking % off regularly priced items. Obviously, if Kmart has 80% off clearance sales you're not going to do something silly & match that, but for the sake of a few dollars (chances are that item/department will be on sale in the next few weeks anyway) why would you let a customer walk out of your store? We had all the tools available to check GP %, how much room we had to move etc... & it's that blasé attitude that staff across retailers have adopted that doesn't help their cause. Sales = Profit = Increased Wages = Less Stress & Workload. But yeah, Target baffles me.

First Posting updated with new images - one I took at Myer yesterday, and some others that I got last year but forgot to add them.

Just be aware that their policies can change at any time, but this resource is still useful for reminding clueless or stubborn cashiers of their employer's (promotional) price-match policy after the store quietly takes down the signage while the policy is still in place... and you might even be able to convince someone to use their discretion and price-match to make a sale.

After all, prices on products are only there to "tempt", and traditionally you can haggle or offer to pay a lower price, which they can then accept or reject... and in this case, you are just offering to pay at a competitor's rate and the retailer can accept it if they have the power or authority to do so - it just doesn't happen very often.
    (but it does happen - especially with damaged products, old products, or food that is nearly out of date... a manager makes the call, but I've been able to get instant discounts on things like that, if the manager knows that it wouldn't sell for more anyway)

Does Uncle Pete's price match?

New signage popping up at Myer, for their "price matching" policy, which is probably still the same, but now it remains vague and minimal, so that the staff or management can change the policy at their discretion (like at Target).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    New signage popping up at Myer, for their "price matching" policy, which is probably still the same, but now it remains vague and minimal, so that the staff or management can change the policy at their discretion (like at Target).

Its all in the wording
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Target's current price-matching policy: https://www.target.com.au/bestprice

I managed to successfully get a price match on a Studio Series deluxe by showing Kmart's listing on Studio Series deluxes.

Just an FYI, K-Mart do not match percentaged sale prices, or so they tell me. Was trying to match Big W's 20%, providing a catalogue page and online prices to verify that number, but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranceblade View Post
    Just an FYI, K-Mart do not match percentaged sale prices, or so they tell me. Was trying to match Big W's 20%, providing a catalogue page and online prices to verify that number, but no luck.
    Well that doesn?t seem right given theres nothing worded that way in Kmart?s price match policy. I?d go back and have a word with a manager.