Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Evening

I remember you!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Well Hi, Good to have you back Yeah TAAU looks dead now. Enjoy your new home.
    Ha, yeah man. Don't think I'll ever be a full scale collector again, but it's good to keep up with what everyone is up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I remember you!
    Yeah man, how you doing? How's the BW scene in Tasmania these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikato View Post
    Yeah man, how you doing? How's the BW scene in Tasmania these days?
    Haha, quiet as ever! I'm closing up the shop soon.

Shame about TAAU. It was a thriving hub back in the day.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Haha, quiet as ever! I'm closing up the shop soon.

Shame about TAAU. It was a thriving hub back in the day.
    Yeah I was actually down in Hobart briefy about a year 1/2 back to see some cricket, didn't notice the streets packed with people queuing for the latest Rhinox or anything...

I called in there a few times late last year, was awfully quiet some still active. But its obviously since gone offline, I think it was getting close to 10 years since it started. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Ah, good old G1/G2 figures - Still forming a basis for the franchise after so long, interesting to hear you were on a BW II/Neo kick at one point though as they're a pair of lines I'm trying to complete now.
    Were you much of a fan of Beast Wars?, I'm a bid of an avid fan so am curious as to what figures stand out to you from all 3 lines; BW/II/Neo?
    I had no beef with BW, I had a number of them when they first came out, never really collected much though. The only ones I recall buying in later years when they weren't available in stores anymore where Quickstrike and Tigerhawk. Plus the Japanese black Ravage panther (whatever it was called) figure, the repaint of Cheetor. I cant really remember having a particular favourite between the BW lines, I think I liked Hellscream (maybe that was just because the name) and Heinrad was certainly interesting. But it's been a number of years since I've even seen my collection, they've been boxed that long.

Repaints are a constant pain nowadays too; the obvious ones like the Seekers, Autobot cars (Prowl, Sideswipe etc) and such I think can be forgiven but things like Nightwatch/Strike/Allspark/Premium/Fireblast and that sort of ilk only adds to the clutter of shelf-warming that we seem to get here IMO.
    At least in the old days the Seeker and car repaints etc represented a different character to make the idea interesting. I seem to recall RiD and Armada had various repaints that were just different versions of the same character, a concept I found boring and from what I can gather a trend that continued in other lines. I'm rather out of the loop though so I'll take your word for it with those names you mentioned.

Hehe, out of all those bands you've mentioned I've heard of about 2; Voivod & Sodom and I've not heard much of their stuff at that.
    My knowledge of Aussie metal pretty much consists of a little bit of Dungeon and Lord, most of the other local bands I used to like were garage bands that've basically disappeared from existence.

I'm currently going through a Judas Priest discovery at the moment, Metal in it's entirety really has been one big journey of discovery for me as I'm the eldest in my family and my parents were more into ABBA or Creedence Clearwater Revival; so I've not had a lot of home-grown influences there but my mate 1AZRAEL1 has been quite the guide since we first met back in the 7th grade.
    Well, I recommend all of them to you if you like thrash/death/black stuff. Forgot to mention Grenade is another good Australian one. If you're just getting into Priest I recommend Sad Wings and Sin After Sin.
    Funny you mention Dungeon/Lord, I was right into them 2004/05/06. In fact if you ever saw them in Sydney around that time then we may of even met, especially since you evidently know Brendan. I dont listen to (or even really like) Lord now but I still have a chat with Andy if I see him around.

The sideshows are an excellent idea too as I got to see Fear Factory for the 1st time the year prior that way and I personally think that they're better than the 'Main Event' IMO as one doesn't have to worry about overlaps and the sets seem to be bigger/longer too.
    At the Manning Bar? I took a friend to that for her 21st. I wasn't really into them anymore at that point (saw them in 2001 at the Enmore) but it was an impressive little show.
    And yes I agree with those points.

I had no beef with BW,
    You would if you had Bonecrusher! (bada-boom-TISH! )

I had a number of them when they first came out, never really collected much though. The only ones I recall buying in later years when they weren't available in stores anymore where Quickstrike and Tigerhawk.
    Tigerhawk (and TM2 Megatron) were as rare as hen's teeth - very few places ever got them (in Sydney anyway).

Plus the Japanese black Ravage panther (whatever it was called) figure, the repaint of Cheetor.
    Sounds like you have Shadow Panther. Ravage is the significant retool of Transmetal Cheetor.

Welcome to the board