Thread: Suggestion - splitting Kup's D & Q

Default Suggestion - splitting Kup's D & Q

I was just thinking, maybe we could split Kup's discussion and Questions up.

We get a lot of great thread's for discussions that go on for weeks or even months sometimes. But often they disappear as new members start a whole new thread to ask a question - often one with a very simple answer. Of course that's totally cool, the section description is after all:

Need help with something, have a question to ask, or just want to comment on something in general? Post it here. And if you can help out with answers or suggestions, please feel free.

And new members often don't notice that there is a thread dedicated to questions: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies as sometimes this is pushed right down the page or on to page 2.

So I was thinking, maybe we could either make the above thread a sticky so it stays at the top of page one, or maybe split the section in two - one dedicated to discussion, the other to questions.

But since as a tech-incompetent I have zero idea about how hard or time consuming that would be, it could well not be feasible. Just chucking the idea out there

Well I'll be damned, the system works! The questions thread is now a sticky at the top of page 1

Now if only our politicians would follow the example and so willingly take our suggestions on board

So what's the proposal? if a discussion topic takes on a life of it's own, someone splits it off into it's own topic?
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

That sometimes happens, if a question in the main topic creates discussion, it can sometimes be split off so that other people see it.
    Otherwise, discussion topics can be their own topics, while simple questions are best for the main Questions topic, so that we don't have pages of topics of just one or two posts pushing out discussion topics from the front page.

And yes, the topic was stickied as a worthy suggestion.
    The idea of a separate sections for discussions and questions would have to be looked into more, as sometimes questions become discussion, and sometimes discussion raises questions.