Thread: What do you do with duplicate Minifigs?

Default What do you do with duplicate Minifigs?

I've been collecting Marvel Lego since the second year of the line. As a result I have tons of duplicate Captain Americas, Hulks, Star Lords and Peter Parker Spider-mans. I'm wondering what you guys do with your duplicate Minifigs that really can't be explained as semi-canonical troop-building (like Iron Man or Hydra Henchmen)? I currently have all the Minifigs on show from the line, but it's a sea of duplicates.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Keep the version you like the most and either use the others parts for customs or sell them. Or just have a seperate display for duplicates.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

My duplicates are generally with all the other undisplayed Lego. In tubs or boxes
    If you have the space, try making a few dioramas with your duplicates and taking some photos. Who doesn't want to see an unlikely title fight between Superman and MODOK?

If you're strapped for space Minifigs always sell for a pretty penny. I'd be in the market for a Hulk and Star Lord

Alternatively you can always be charitable. If you know any kids you'd make their day with a free Lego minifigure.

Buy some Ninjago figures from 2015 and stick Skreemers on their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I've been collecting Marvel Lego since the second year of the line. As a result I have tons of duplicate Captain Americas, Hulks, Star Lords and Peter Parker Spider-mans. I'm wondering what you guys do with your duplicate Minifigs that really can't be explained as semi-canonical troop-building (like Iron Man or Hydra Henchmen)? I currently have all the Minifigs on show from the line, but it's a sea of duplicates.
    Hmmm I thought they were slightly different in paint work. Correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    You can make them into an action scene like Spidey running, climbing and hanging in sequence. I had some spare Spideys doing this on a mini modular set until the Autobub got to them. Now the spares are pulled apart and have become Captain Spidermerica, Spider-Go!, Space Spidey, Luke Spi-walker etc.