Page 11 of 163 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Figma toy thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I have an obligation to get any robot that makes Lisa Foiles' Top 5 Video Game Robots.
    Dammit, KOS-MOS should have been at number one......she has 2 HUGE FREAKING MINIGUNS!!! How can that not be a win and I believe Tets would agree with me on that

Heh, not the weirdest Eva beverage-related product I've seen tho.

This is:

Thanks for KOS-MOS info

I have an obligation to get any robot that makes Lisa Foiles' Top 5 Video Game Robots.

on an eva beverage related note, does anyone else have the eva mugs? I have one black NERV one, and one in white, and another with the telegraph poles.

unrelated, anyone else preordered the figuarts megaman x figure?
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    on an eva beverage related note, does anyone else have the eva mugs? I have one black NERV one, and one in white, and another with the telegraph poles.

unrelated, anyone else preordered the figuarts megaman x figure?
    Nope to all of those, although I have been tempted by the NERV mugs. I didn't grow up with Megaman so I figure that's an excuse to save a few dollars.

So I got the BRS Phenomenon mook yesterday and near the end it has an ad for the PSP RPG. With a character I haven't seen before:

Click image to enlarge

Red Rock Shooter? Anyone know who it is?

BRS appears to have grown wings...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

So I got the BRS Phenomenon mook yesterday and near the end it has an ad for the PSP RPG. With a character I haven't seen before:

Click image to enlarge

Red Rock Shooter? Anyone know who it is?
    It's Naphe - one of the Seven Apostles (she's the Fifth) who are the bad guys in the game. Judging by her looks, she may (or may not) have some connection to Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    It's Naphe - one of the Seven Apostles (she's the Fifth) who are the bad guys in the game. Judging by her looks, she may (or may not) have some connection to Strength.
    Ah, I sense your BRS-fu is strong

I watched the OVA yesterday. I actually quite liked it, although some of the schoolgirl stuff sure was tedious. I wonder if I'm correct in gathering that the green (DM) was envy, the blue (BRS) was despair and the red (BGS) maybe death..? Also is Strength's character Yuu?

Ah, I sense your BRS-fu is strong

I watched the OVA yesterday. I actually quite liked it, although some of the schoolgirl stuff sure was tedious. I wonder if I'm correct in gathering that the green (DM) was envy, the blue (BRS) was despair and the red (BGS) maybe death..? Also is Strength's character Yuu?
    I am a fan of the OVA. Because Huke's art came first before there seemed to be a storyline, I'm not sure how much we can gleam from the 'rainbow' eye flavours. (I'm not knocking the idea of visuals before characters - obviously the first thirty Transformers were fully-designed toys before they became characters too, I'm just not sure if the significance is less deep than we'd like.) I think Strength is definitely Yuu, and suspect the girls will have to 'save' her in the sequel. What I particularly like about the OVA is that the true chronology of the story doesn't come together until just before the credits roll, at which point I had an 'ah... that's actually clever' moment.

Still have not watched the OVA yet but I guess there may be another Figma on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I am a fan of the OVA. Because Huke's art came first before there seemed to be a storyline, I'm not sure how much we can gleam from the 'rainbow' eye flavours. (I'm not knocking the idea of visuals before characters - obviously the first thirty Transformers were fully-designed toys before they became characters too, I'm just not sure if the significance is less deep than we'd like.) I think Strength is definitely Yuu, and suspect the girls will have to 'save' her in the sequel. What I particularly like about the OVA is that the true chronology of the story doesn't come together until just before the credits roll, at which point I had an 'ah... that's actually clever' moment.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the color association is a little too simple/superficial and that there is scope for something more profound going on. Black Gold Saw's appearance at the start didn't really got explained tho did it? Beyond how BRS got the scar.

It might be old news, but it looks like the game is getting an English/International release through Nippon Ichi Software. link

Black Gold Saw's appearance at the start didn't really got explained tho did it? Beyond how BRS got the scar.
    Yeah, not so much. There's a girl on the train at one point who looks she might be the 'real world' version of Black★Gold Saw, but no indication why she might want to fight Mato Kuroi. One explanation might be that Black★Gold Saw actually does kill Black★Rock Shooter and that B★RS's 'ghost' has to merge with Mato at the end to be 'alive' again. (B★RS already has the scars when she merges with Mato, so it must occur after the B★GS battle.)

It might be old news, but it looks like the game is getting an English/International release through Nippon Ichi Software. link
    Will it come with figma WRS?

i dont want to get the japanese game bundle cause the game would be useless to me.