Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roadbuster and Topspin... Switched At Birth?

Default Roadbuster and Topspin... Switched At Birth?

Does anyone else think that somewhere in development maybe the robot who was designed to be DOTM Topspin became DOTM Roadbuster (and perhaps vice versa?)

It's just that...

They do look similar, do they not?

Certainly not! We know that his face was designed specifically to pay out NASCAR fans the world over.

in other news, that doesn't seem too unlikely. although it's always stuck me as odd how major film studios and all that manage to constantly switch names around. doesn't seem too hard to me to be consistent with names. huh.

Looks more like Saltman X to me with those colours.

I still have a problem that they called Brawl Devastator in the first move and never bothered to fix it when it came out on DVD and blu-Ray. Made worse since Dev is in the second movie. Come on Bay get with it or do you just dont actually care.... Well I think we all know that answer. But your right he does look like topspin.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    I still have a problem that they called Brawl Devastator in the first move and never bothered to fix it when it came out on DVD and blu-Ray. Made worse since Dev is in the second movie. Come on Bay get with it or do you just dont actually care.... Well I think we all know that answer. But your right he does look like topspin.
    They did the same thing with Demolsher (toy)/ Wheelbot (movie). Also Rampage is named in the movie but his credit names him as Skipjack

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Okay, but there's nothing wrong with Roadbuster bearing some likeness to TopspinSaltman X. The Brawlastator thing is far more annoying because in the first movie, he's called Devastator - and as you said, this was never corrected. When I saw this in the cinema, I thought for sure they were going to change it for the DVD, but they didn't. And so I accepted that the character is called Devastator in the film, but Brawl as a toy. But of course then they went and called a completely different character "Devastator" in Revenge of the Fallen.

Roadbuster bearing some resemblance to Saltman X is _nothing_ compared to the whole Brawlastator conundrum! Besides, most movie characters don't look anything like their G1 counterparts anyway (look at Barricade and Blackout).

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    They did the same thing with Demolsher (toy)/ Wheelbot (movie). Also Rampage is named in the movie but his credit names him as Skipjack
    You mean Scavenger/Wheelbot? Anyway, again this isn't as bad because the character was never explicitly named in the film - except in the credits. As far as we know, he may be Scavenger in the toyline and Wheelbot in the film.

Rampage/Skipjack is a definite stuff up because he is actually called Rampage in the film, then the credits list him as Skipjack.

Why... it's almost as if Michael Bay is treating the Transformers more as set pieces and random monsters from space rather than actual characters.

It's definitely Demolishor/Wheelbot not Scavenger

I thought Demolisher was Wheelbot? The stand alone robot who tore up Shaghai. It's confusing- Demolisher the voyager toy (Wheelbot), exact same vehicle mode as scavenger component from Devestator. Scavenger never had a robot mode in the movie.

yeah, gutsman is right -- demolishor was the wheelbot in shanghai; Scavenger was in Egypt and combined to form Brawl. I mean, Devastator.

though topspin does have the ears that are seen on movie Roadbuster, i don't remember ever actually seeing them when the character is in the comic.
    It's hard, because I've become used to seeing the bharatfss in a certain way, but DOTM Topspin seemed very topspin-like and DOTM Roadbuster seemed very Roadbuster-like the first time I saw pictures of them - the most G1-like likenesses I'd seen. Although for Michael Bay's Transformers, that's not saying much.
    Last edited by Seraphim Prime; 28th May 2011 at 01:33 PM. Reason: phone issues :)