Thread: The Art of the Brick Exhibition

Default The Art of the Brick Exhibition

Just got the newsletter from Ticketek advertising this in Melbourne at Federation Square from 2 June.

Seems really interesting for us LEGO fans!
    http://www.artofthebrick.com.au/

"Nathan Sawaya's incredible large-scale LEGO sculptures have broken gallery records around the world. The New York artist's The Art Of The Brick exhibition has amazed millions of art lovers, both young and old. If you've ever enjoyed tinkering with LEGO, you'll love The Art of the Brick."
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Already planning to go as I will be in Melbourne in June!

Does anyone know if you HAVE to pre-order from Tickitek or if there are tickets at the door?

It makes little sense to me that you have to pre-book tickets to an exhibition of this size and duration.

I am definitely going but only in July as there's too much on in June.

They mentioned on the website it's a very popular event and they expect huge crowds. I think its good to be able to pre-book tickets cause it kinda confirms you'll be able to get in. Unlike the Brickvention expo the last time, you had to line up around the block for hours to get in.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Yeh but brickvention was a 2-day event.

This exhibition is on all day every day for 2 whole months. I find it hard to imagine every day being sold out, but then again I have very little experience with 'highly popular' ticketed exhibitions

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Yeh but brickvention was a 2-day event.

This exhibition is on all day every day for 2 whole months. I find it hard to imagine every day being sold out, but then again I have very little experience with 'highly popular' ticketed exhibitions
    And the fact stuff like this never comes to Perth, so to go to a 'highly popular' ticketed exhibition in Perth is really non-existent anyway...