Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Unit:E ?

Default What is Unit:E ?

There was a recent trademark application by Hasbro, and now this poster at NYCC showing some classic toylines... so is this a new toyline and/or cartoon series from Hasbro? And will they revision it into something completely new, or incorporate enough of the original concept to interest anyone left who was a fan of the first version?

On the poster we have - JEM, MASK, Micronauts, Action Man, Stretch Armstrong, Candyland, Battleship Galaxies. (most of those are from the 80s & 90s)

Sometime over the weekend of the NYCC, we should hear more from Hasbro about this.

And does this again show that Hasbro has to rely on its established, purchased or past brands/concepts because they aren't able to create and maintain something new themselves? Actually between the big toy companies, it seems everything these days is either recycled or a purchased license to a current movie...

It would seem that the US in most entertainment industries are perpetually repeating themselves, some are hitting the mark but others are well and truly failing indeed.

Admittedly, I am quite curious as to what this may mean, whether they're going to roll these franchises into one or attempt to re-establish each on their own is an intriguing prospect... Oh how I hate the waiting game at times.

Action Man the greatest hero of them all!

Oh man that'd be the perfect movie to get a live adaptation by Michael Bay!

MASK!
    Oh yeah... I'm happy with that!

Out of the 'toons featured on that poster, if they're not all amalgamated into one world, I'd say M.A.S.K. has the most potential

I kinda hope they are all 3.75 inch scale figures so there are compatible with Gi Joe & Marvel Universe toylines. Now that's a marketing oportunity no one has really exploited on a grand scale yet.

More details from NYCC here - a comic was given out written by Andy Schmidt (I guess this is why Hasbro poached him from IDW middle of this year).

Still not too sure of the details, but could be a 'what if' type cross-over story, allowing for new "old" toys.

My Daughter is running around saying YES YES YES! at the thought that Jem might have a come back.

I just want MASK and Micronaughts back

..I...Uh..also want Jem back. And really liking the new designs for M.A.S.K.
    And uh, wasn't there some rumour about a "Toy Story" Movie with Hasbro Characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    ..I...Uh..also want Jem back. And really liking the new designs for M.A.S.K.
    And uh, wasn't there some rumour about a "Toy Story" Movie with Hasbro Characters?
    Oh snap! - I remember that being mentioned, if this is a basis for said film... Damn!