View Poll Results: BH Ultimate Optimus Prime - worth buying?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 12.50%
  • Only if...

3 12.50%
  • No

8 33.33%
  • Not even interested

10 41.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime

It looked like a Kettle to me actually, a stylized TF kettle or tea pot for TF collectors in his supposedly "truck mode". It even has that convenient handle to pick it up and rotating nozzles for various teas - earl grey, black, green, chamomile, oolong and milk infused tea heheheh
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    It looked like a Kettle to me actually, a stylized TF kettle or tea pot for TF collectors in his supposedly "truck mode". It even has that convenient handle to pick it up and rotating nozzles for various teas - earl grey, black, green, chamomile, oolong and milk infused tea heheheh
    Thanks, LP, now i have i'm a little truckpot, short & stout stuck in my head

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    . It even has that convenient handle to pick it up and rotating nozzles for various teas - earl grey, black, green, chamomile, oolong and milk infused tea heheheh
    NOW I am tempted to get one!!

They should put that on the box!!

DAT SPOUT.

So I was able to look at this first hand, and to me the plastic coloring on Optimus looks drab/cheap similar to something you would expect on a cheap McDonald toy. I don't like how the emphasis is on the gadgets and gimmicks over the actual robot itself. Definitely not worth the asking price of $79.00, and probably refuse to get it, if it ends up in a bargain bin.

Not a fan at all, the green is just not working for OP and the gimmick of 5 firing weapons is not a big deal breaker for me. So i will be skipping on this OP as Hasbro could have made him a lot more appealing with the wings and like the JP version have a blue windscreen.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Reviving an old thread here, but didn't see the point in making a new one. I wasn't a fan of this figure at all, then I decided to put a hammer to it. Now it looks pretty cool in my opinion.

I knocked the pin out of his teapot parts, and can now sit the shield on his back, decently tight too. So I'm quite wrapped with how he turned out. I removed his head and tried to fit a few different Optimus ones on, but none of them matched perfectly. So keeping the same old head.

Thoughts? Seeming as this figure was pretty cruddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    Thoughts? Seeming as this figure was pretty cruddy.
    Yours looks a lot better.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

chrome up the plastic grey and maybe its worth while...

Quote Originally Posted by Penetrator View Post
    chrome up the plastic grey and maybe its worth while...
    I think that'd look quite out of place, unless you did the same sort of thing to the red somewhere maybe.