Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GI Joe Resolute

Final ep was kinda underwhelming. The inability of scores of minions to land a single bullet on exposed targets finally got to me in this episode

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Final ep was kinda underwhelming. The inability of scores of minions to land a single bullet on exposed targets finally got to me in this episode
    Yep just like Stomtroopers.

But that’s in keeping with the rule of henchmen and minions which states that the accuracy of minions is inversely proportional to their numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Yep just like Stomtroopers.

But that’s in keeping with the rule of henchmen and minions which states that the accuracy of minions is inversely proportional to their numbers.
    That sounds logical. If there are heaps of soldiers/minions around, then perhaps they are afraid to accidentally shoot their own bretheren who are running around in front of them, thus hesitating and delivering inaccurate shots... or maybe some of the guys in front were setting aim for a wicked headshot but some noob at the back shot him with friendly fire?

I also found the Cobra troopers's bad aim somewhat distracting and out of place in the more serious and realistic world Resolute is trying to portray. At least one bullet out of thousands did hit Duke

the fight squences between snake eyes and storm shadow are fricken wicked!!!
    oh yes, i think i will stop that sword with my bare palm....
    "..oooh.. Fiddle-dee-dee! That will require a tetanus shot. But I'm not going to swear. But I am going to KICK THIS DOG HOUSE DOWN!!!..."

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    the fight squences between snake eyes and storm shadow are fricken wicked!!!
    oh yes, i think i will stop that sword with my bare palm....
    "..oooh.. Fiddle-dee-dee! That will require a tetanus shot. But I'm not going to swear. But I am going to KICK THIS DOG HOUSE DOWN!!!..."
    The Storm Shadow vs Snake Eyes fight was indeed awesome, though it got a little bit Dragon ball Z at the end there.

Getting stabbed through the palm seems to be a recurring theme in Gi joe. Snake Eyes, Slice, Stalker and Cobra Commander have all caught pieces of metal in their hands. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    While I respect McFeely as a very knowledgeable fan, I think his appraisal is somewhat of a hyperbole. G.I. Joe, as a toy franchise, is still being marketed at kids. The toys are still being sold in toy stores and department stores, not collector stores unlike other toys marketed directly at adult collectors like DC Direct, Transformers Sport & Music Label etc. I think there is possibly some truth in that G.I. Joe may have a larger adult fan base, but so would Star Wars. I don't know enough about G.I. Joe or have ever seen any statistics to tell what the child:adult fandom ratio would be - but I would be surprised if the G.I. Joe fandom was completely comprised of adults.

Having said that, Feely does have a point in saying that Transformers does still have a massive child fanbase. And historically Transformers didn't do so well when it became too adult (re: Beast Machines). Hence why I said that the ideal solution would be some kind of balance like we had with Beast Wars - and that we've seen in a lot of other franchises like Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Batman: The Brave and the Bold etc. It is possible to have Transformers simultaneously appeal to both children and adults if they try.
    Hasbro isn't a small collector toy company, so they barely sell directly to collectors or through collector chains regardless of the item, because they prefer to deal in large volumes to major retailers. They sell to retailers, then they let the retailers worry about how to flog them. The only time they bother doing "direct to collector" nonsense is when it's a convention or HTS exclusive or they can't find a brick & mortar retailer willing to carry the product (for example, the entire GI Joe DTC line). Last I saw, they don't market the 25th Anniversary line to kids. In fact, the movie line will be the first kid-marketing GI Joe line since Sigma 6.

GI Joe is much more dependent on their adult collectors than Transformers, largely why much of GI Joe fiction is comic books rather than kids cartoons.

And last I checked Animated was pretty damn well received among kids and adults.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Hasbro isn't a small collector toy company, so they barely sell directly to collectors or through collector chains regardless of the item, because they prefer to deal in large volumes to major retailers. They sell to retailers, then they let the retailers worry about how to flog them. The only time they bother doing "direct to collector" nonsense is when it's a convention or HTS exclusive or they can't find a brick & mortar retailer willing to carry the product (for example, the entire GI Joe DTC line). Last I saw, they don't market the 25th Anniversary line to kids. In fact, the movie line will be the first kid-marketing GI Joe line since Sigma 6.

GI Joe is much more dependent on their adult collectors than Transformers, largely why much of GI Joe fiction is comic books rather than kids cartoons.

And last I checked Animated was pretty damn well received among kids and adults.

^lawl, cracks me up everytime

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post

This WOULD explain why they did such a damn god job on the Joe 25th lines packaging and generaly on the ball choice of characters and repaints.

The comming Joe Movie line seems to be more like modern TF lines trying to stradle the older and younger market.