Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TF Animated Ep14 - Nature Calls

Default TF Animated Ep14 - Nature Calls

One of the weaker episodes unfortunately.

The unlikley combination of Bumblebee/Sari and Prowl are sent into the woods to investigate a Cybertronial signal picked up by Teletran One.

There are a few amusing moments in the first act, however this episode is almost completely disposable with the exception of the last few scenes. There are a few mild homages to G1 at the beginning.

um... yeah... aside from the last few seconds, the rest of the episode was pret-ty forgettable.

Bumblebee's brattiness really annoyed me and ultimately there was no character building achieved in this episode. There was definitely an environmental message in the episode; summarised by Sari's closing statement - but the characters didn't seem to make any actual development. Neither Sari nor Bumblebee really learnt to appreciate nature or to do without technology. When Sari was having trouble starting the furnace with her key I thought that the writers were pushing toward another resolution that didn't involve the key (something that I praised in the last episode). I was hoping that Sari would find an alternative resolution to the plot complication... but alas she just got mad, smacked her key around and it worked. *sigh*

Overall rating:
    "WhY mY ShOuLdErS hUrT?"

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I'm sick of these non-Decepticon episodes.

At best, I give it a 4/10.

Not good enough.

Yeah, about all there is to recommend this episode are the G1 nods to the Consturcticons and Sparkplug at the very beginning.

G1 nods are fun, especially to we oldies, but you can't run an episode on them.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

watched it on the tube
    thought initially it was about becoming constructicons
    however, oni loved the last part which leads on to the next one!!! am EXCITED.....

I hate pointless G1 nods that have absolutely no reason for being there in the world aside from being just that, a nod to fans. They serve no purpose to the story so I find that underwhelming.

I hated such nods in Beast Machines and I am hating them here for the most part.

I love the pointless G1 nods. But this episode was weak, barely disguised filler. Now that Megs body is found things should heat up, so as crap as it is this episode served some small purpose.

Going on from what Sofaman said, G1 nods are nice goodies for older fans, but they're just Easter Eggs and you simply cannot run episodes on them. And to be fair, the writers have never tried to run any eps based on such G1 nods. Sparkplug and the Constructicon-esque mining machines were only briefly seen in the beginning of the ep, so the reference was brief and it didn't overwhelm the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn
    however, oni loved the last part which leads on to the next one!!! am EXCITED.....
    ...you watched this ep with an oni? That's scary!

But yeah, the last few seconds of the episode is the only part that's worth watching.

Basically this story has a nice prologue (G1 homage) and good epilogue, but the rest of it is just crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse
    I'm sick of these non-Decepticon episodes.
    Non-Decepticon villains are okay if they're written well. Decepticon villains can suck too if they're poorly written.

G1 had some neat non-TF villains such as Death's Head, the Mecannibals and everyone's favourite hottie... Josie Beller

aka CIRCUIT BREAKER!

You gotta respect a human supervillain who's able to take on UNICRON.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I liked the space barnacles better than the spores.

When Sari was having trouble starting the furnace with her key I thought that the writers were pushing toward another resolution that didn't involve the key (something that I praised in the last episode). I was hoping that Sari would find an alternative resolution to the plot complication... but alas she just got mad, smacked her key around and it worked. *sigh*
    I guess you missed it then.

And bumblebee, while still a brat, was more tolerable this time around.
    ________
    REFLEX SYMPATHETIC DYSTROPHY ADVICE
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:57 AM.

yea i liked this ep i liked bumble bees antics, thought it was funny when he was on the mine cart track