2 6.67%
  • Only if (something else)

2 6.67%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Toy Review - Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (2.0)

Yeah, but for 23000JPY ($280) one would expect better more durable grade paints.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, but for 23000JPY ($280) one would expect better more durable grade paints.
    Amen.
    I don't want to bash the toy, if you like it that is fine, I am just not seeing the $280 value in it. With so much evidence of the toy getting scratched and broken parts. Its kind of disappointing even when I compare Inferno and Grapple, they get more credit imo.

And I am excluding the trouble and effort we need to get permits just to get the toy.

Yes in robot form, it is the best representation of Megatron.

I believe this toy will drop to price like 18,000 and under in time to come.

So I got the re-issue yesterday and just opened it up. Initial excitement was quickly tempered by seeing some paint chips and stuff on the chest and helmet and also 2 of the panels on the groin area do not have the 'metallic/sparkle' finish on them so they stand out in a darker, duller colour. sigh.

bowspearer Guest

While I definitely think it's one of the best engineered Masterpiece figures ever made, there is one thing I'm disappointed with. There's one extra feature that should have been included and had the gun barrel been better engineered, it could have happened - namely being able to recreate the scene from Heavy Metal War where Megatron fires a cluster bomb at Prime. Sadly while there is little reason why the pistol barren couldn't have been engineered to fully bend around to be a waist mounted blaster, the engineering design of the barrel is engineered in such a way that it limits it.

The other thing I've noticed is that on the reissue, the silencer doesn't move anymore, meaning that you can't do the 45 degree twist fix anymore.

It's a frustrating 8.5/10 when 2 tiny extra things would have made it a 10/10.