Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627282930313646 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    OK, I need to consult the infinite wisdom of the oracle that is the Decision Thread.
    Due to not buying many figures lately, I've got a little spare money, and I need a fix. This is my short-list:
    1. MP-13 Soundwave (Yes, I'm the only TF collector on the planet that doesn't already own one... Plus, expensive. And it turns into a box. $140 and its a box. An expensive box.)
    2. MP-18 Streak (Quite nice but TBH I am over robots that turn into cars)
    3. PlanetX Caelus (luuurve Swoop)
    4. Fansproject Quadruple U (Such a cool looking figure)
    5. Fansproject SmartRobin (Nice, but that face )
    6. MP-12 Lambor (Sideswipe was my first ever TF)
    7. MP-20 Wheeljack (see Number 2...)

Over the past two weeks, I've only managed to take ManiaKing off the list.

Thoughts/opinions?
    My first question is
    Do you have any of the MP cars? if not any one of the MP datsuns is very nice, some chance that we may see them here at a better price.
    Lambor is very nice, not incredible but very nice and if you do have an attraction to the character I'd recommend that.

I have Smartrobin and it has a very cool transformation, I can't speak for QuadU

Soundwave is very nice I have the Hasbro Version. He does just turn into a box, but on the bright side, it's not a car . I really like him but I think I got a little overhyped for him too. the tapes are a very nice inclusion.

Wheeljack doesn't come out for at least a few months so if you want something now, he's not really available.

I too lurve swoop he was my only G1 dinobot, Caelus I need to see in hand before I start dropping that sort of cash.

they're my thoughts on your list. The MP cars while just cars are very good transformers.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I really wish either Hasbro or TakTOM would venture with giving us some new TF alt modes that haven't been done before. :/ We all have loads of cars and planes etc., but how about more taxis or a bus or a chicken? C'mooon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    If you can get reasonably priced Hasbro MP Soundwave, go with that.Great value considering you get all the cassettes. Laserbeak/Bauzzsaw, while simple, is an engineering marvel.
    Define "...reasonably priced"

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    My first question is
    Do you have any of the MP cars?
    ...snip
    Nope. No MP cars. I will admit that I love the look of both MP Sideswipe and Streak, I am just totally out of love with the concept of transforming cars at the moment. Maybe this will pass...

I appreciate all the suggestions/comments thus far. As a result I am taking the following off the short list:
    • Caelus
    • SmartRobin
    • Wheeljack

Hey, its progress.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    or a chicken? C'mooon!!
    That would be great.

I think the reason I love my GariGari x Transformers toy so much is cause it's an unusual alt mode.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I really wish either Hasbro or TakTOM would venture with giving us some new TF alt modes that haven't been done before. :/ We all have loads of cars and planes etc., but how about more taxis or a bus or a chicken? C'mooon!!
    I do really like the alt modes that are "everyday" probably part of the reason Skids has always been a favorite. I love the Movie Twins Icecream truck alt mode, the toy was a bit mediocre but fairly well executed given size constraints. If they are going to do animals seriously at any point they really need to do a starupper, I'm sure that would make a certain paulbot happy
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quick and final update for those playing along at home.
    Last night I looked at reviews for all the candidates and this morning I woke up and knew it had to be MP Streak.
    So he is ordered and inbound. Plus I threw a Dr Wu Warhead set into my PoL.

MP Soundwave came a close second, but for the price different, I can get an MP18, plus something else later on.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon

So, I'll have enough money next week to get Swerve and Cosmos from BBTS (little more than $48 shipped). Question is, I'm really hyped by the Masterpiece Bumblebee, which I can get for $53 shipped when it comes out. So, do you think I should wait out the final week and get the Generations Legends, or order the Bumblebee. BB doesn't come out for a while though, so I may be able to get him later on. I'm really excited for both. I'm also considering waiting the extra week and getting Whirl instead, but I'm really conflicted on it.

(I get paid $10 a week for small jobs, if it helps)
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    So, I'll have enough money next week to get Swerve and Cosmos from BBTS (little more than $48 shipped). Question is, I'm really hyped by the Masterpiece Bumblebee, which I can get for $53 shipped when it comes out. So, do you think I should wait out the final week and get the Generations Legends, or order the Bumblebee. BB doesn't come out for a while though, so I may be able to get him later on. I'm really excited for both. I'm also considering waiting the extra week and getting Whirl instead, but I'm really conflicted on it.

(I get paid $10 a week for small jobs, if it helps)
    I'd hold out for MP 'bee if I were you. If you might be able to get him later then you might also be able to get something else shipped with him later, which will save you a bit on postage fees and maybe give you a chance to get some of those upcoming larger Generations figures when they come out.

All four of those seem like pretty good figures. If I was going to pass on any though, it would probably Swerve and Cosmos. (I'm not really basing that on anything other personal opinion).
    Pre-order MP BB, then chuck the others ones in your PoL as you acquire the funds.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon

Quote Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys Metroplex sounds like he has more pros than cons.
    I'm now really leaning towards getting him but at a cheaper price. I'll wait for a sale at Target or if Myers decide to ever price more appropriately.
    20% off Target, time to get your Metroplex