Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JP Wonderfest - Fewture, CM's Corp, Sega

i'm guessing he can't actually play mega drive games?

Default JP Wonderfest - Fewture, CM's Corp, Sega

Some odd (and some interesting) things are coming out of the current Wonderfest convention in Japan...

CM's Corp's next project looks to be Deathsaurus.

Fewture (by Art Storm - who did the recent Roadbuster toys) look to have a number of non-convertible projects coming this year as well, like a large Unicron Head, Alpha Trion, a cut-away Optimus, and well, a number of Optimus figures by the looks of it.

Kotobukiya will be producing a "D-style" (deformed) model kit of Optimus Prime this year.

And in a similar theme to Device Label (working MP3 player, Headphones, USB Hub, Mouse), there looks to be a Megatron toy coming out this year from Japan that transforms into a Sega Mega Drive/Genesis console.
    It is unlikely to be a working console, but it is way too obscure to not have some sort of electronics gimmick added.

If the budget allowed, which I'm sure it doesn't it would be possible to use a RaspberryPie to emulate the Genesis/Mega Drive and still have the figure be small. Really the only reason those Genesis consoles that are sold at Big W and Kmart are big is because they play the old cartridges and those slots for the carts are big.

I'm a little surprised that it is a Sega console they are using. Given the fact the Tomy makes the Pokemon toys for Nintendo and as of late Nintendo have been pushing out tons of shelf warming merchandise I would have thought a Famicom would be more logical.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Fewture (by Art Storm - who did the recent Roadbuster toys) look to have a number of non-convertible projects coming this year as well, like a large Unicron Head, Alpha Trion, a cut-away Optimus, and well, a number of Optimus figures by the looks of it.
    And Action Master Grimlock.

The Megadrive is freaking awesome! I really hope they make a SNES Optimus! The great console Wars - Transformers style!

Mega Drive: "Prime! Your feeble Mode 7 Graphics will never be able to defeat the power of my Blast Processing! Maga Drive does what SNES Prime don't.

SNES Prime: "Rise FX chip! Light or darkest hour!"

Bought! But I want a SNES Prime because I was on the Nintendo side during the Nintendo/Sega wars and we won

I was on the Sega side and I still am due to nostalgia But when Sega dropped out, I really started to appreciate Nintendo products.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

Bought! But I want a SNES Prime because I was on the Nintendo side during the Nintendo/Sega wars and we won
    At least unti Ultramagnus and Galvatron showed up, who's alt modes will obviously be a Playstation and an X-box.

The silhouette which was reported as being that of Deathsaurus has been revealed as Acrobunch

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrobunch

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The Megadrive is freaking awesome! I really hope they make a SNES Optimus! The great console Wars - Transformers style!

Mega Drive: "Prime! Your feeble Mode 7 Graphics will never be able to defeat the power of my Blast Processing! Maga Drive does what SNES Prime don't.

SNES Prime: "Rise FX chip! Light or darkest hour!"

All this, but the Nintendo part at the end....