Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transforming Bearbrick figure

Default Transforming Bearbrick figure

In the recent Figure King magazine that has shown us a lot of nice new images of upcoming figures, there was a scan of a Bearbrick that transforms into Optimus Prime.

For those unfamiliar, the Bearbrick line has been featuring bears done in themed or licensed colour schemes, including some Transformers coloured bears in the past.
    Now it looks like they are going a step further by having one of their bears be convertible... but I cant tell if it is a TakaraTomy product, or a licensed product done by Bearbricks.
    Either way, it looks like it is being included in the 30th Anniversary celebration, like the Neon Genesis and Sega crossovers.

I thought that line was called Be@rbricks* Anyway... doesn't really pique my interest, but pretty cool for anyone who can bear this sort of stuff!

*(which I've always pronounced as "beh-at'r bricks")

Is there anything Optimus Prime does not transform into?

Looks pretty good, but pretty much falls into the same category as the sneakers for me (as does the pen).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I thought that line was called Be@rbricks*
    Really?

As much as I hate people using symbols to get people to L@@K at their brands or movie names with numerals replacing a letter (like SE7EN), how is the topic title being correct English, be wrong for not using bad English Brandnames?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Really?

As much as I hate people using symbols to get people to L@@K at their brands or movie names with numerals replacing a letter (like SE7EN), how is the topic title being correct English, be wrong for not using bad English Brandnames?
    Dammit, where's the, "like" button?

BEAR not Truck!
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (like SE7EN)
    I'd guess SE7EN is copyrightable and SEVEN is not. Dam US Patent and Trademark Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Is there anything Optimus Prime does not transform into?
    Probably not Even then, It's only a matter of time... and licensing fees (-_-)

I'm not going to do a full review but I got this guy in my POL today.

He's actually really good. I was getting him just for my weird Optimus thing but he really surprised. He's about the size of a pre-DOTM deluxe and is made from good quality plastic with decent paint apps. A little loose at the robot mode elbows but that's the only bad thing. He is hard to get for the Y3500 Japanese retail price due to Hasbro not allowing 3rd party licensed transformable toys outside Japan, but I don't feel ripped off paying secondary prices from BBTS.

A fifth Bearbrick has been revealed - Movie Optimus.

The first four were Gen1 Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron and Starscream. (and a few years ago there were non-transforming ones as well)

These are about Deluxe size, for about AU$35-40, from Japan.