Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Soundwave and Acid Storm appearing a bit early at US TRU

Yep just did an ebay search. Lots and lots of Hasbro Soundwaves without the tapes selling for $180-$200. Each tape is $50-$70 plus $25 shipping.

Pretty horrible as I could of just settled with buying a replacement laserbeak of Ebay to replace my bad QC ridden one but at that cost? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yep just did an ebay search. Lots and lots of Hasbro Soundwaves without the tapes selling for $180-$200.
    At $180 you might as well buy a MISB TakaraTOMY MP Soundwave.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    At $180 you might as well buy a MISB TakaraTOMY MP Soundwave.
    Yeah but don't forget that here we're paying Hasbro AU prices or postage costs for the TT version. Americans aren't used to importing & paying for the postage like so many here are.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Yeah but don't forget that here we're paying Hasbro AU prices or postage costs for the TT version. Americans aren't used to importing & paying for the postage like so many here are.
    I agree,

Unless, you have relatives and other contacts in Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan and Malaysia to get them for you while they visiting you I would say. lol

relative of mine is coming in a weeks time from Singapore, and even then it is embarrassing if I asked him to get a toy at my age. lol

I have a friend in the USA who's TRU has finally got MP SW in. She has put a depoist down on one and says she is going to pick him up Thursday .

I'm cautiously hopeful but not counting my cyber-chickens until she physically gets it from the store to her home and then to mine. Fearing that she will go in Thursday and find it was accidently sold or something as that would seem par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I have a friend in the USA who's TRU has finally got MP SW in. She has put a depoist down on one and says she is going to pick him up Thursday .

I'm cautiously hopeful but not counting my cyber-chickens until she physically gets it from the store to her home and then to mine. Fearing that she will go in Thursday and find it was accidently sold or something as that would seem par for the course.
    Awesome! I'm happy for you dude, I hope it all works out.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Got my fingers crossed for you it works out mate!

That's some friend Congrats!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Awesome! I'm happy for you dude, I hope it all works out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Got my fingers crossed for you it works out mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    That's some friend Congrats!

LOOK AT THE PHOTO I GOT SENT THIS MORNING FROM MY FRIEND PAM IN THE USA!!!! DEAR PRIMUS THE DREAM MIGHT JUST BE COMING TRUE!!!!!

Now I just gotta get him from her to me in one piece!

BigTrev, the amount of time wasted and the sheer stress you put yourself through - you could've just forked out the extra $50 and got the complete Takara set. They just reissued it and it's not that much more expensive.

If other people are worried about not getting a Hasbro version here at TRU, I'd pickup the 2nd run of MP Takara Soundwave while it's cheap.