Thread: Japanese QT figures

Default Japanese QT figures

These have been occasionally showing up in Japanese convention photos, but not much coverage as the focus has been on the mainlines on display.
    And the odd photo we have seen, have only shown us TF4 Optimus and TF4 Bumblebee.
    Now we have six officially revealed, and they are not all Movie characters.

The QT or Q Transformers are a small series of deformed Japanese "cutesy" (or cutey if you use the letters QT) vehicles... that have simple conversion (probably auto-converters like one-step basics).

It also looks like a cartoon or animation shorts are planned as well.

The six revealed are Movie Optimus, Movie Bumblebee, Movie Crosshairs, Movie Lockdown (animation version has Animated Lockdown colours), Gen1 Sideswipe and Gen1 Prowl.

They look like a bit of fun, if cheap.

G1 Lambor/Sideswipe looks great in both modes.

QT Rodimus had better be Hot Rod, not Rodimus Prime, since the QRobo line already gave us a Rodimus Prime a few years ago.

I also expect these to have pullback motors on their front wheels. For about $10ea, they're like high-end version of Bot Shots or Angry Birds TFs.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Takara has revealed even more QT figures based on G1 characters, including Wheeljack, Jazz, Red Alert and Smokescreen as reported by TFW2005.

Unfortunately, Rodimus is not a new mould, and 'G1' Bee is not a VW Beetle.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

The direct links to BBTS who broke the news, and details...

Wave 1 (Movie half) - QT01 Optimus, QT02 Bumblebee, QT03 Lockdown, QT04 Crosshairs (November release in Japan)
    Wave 1 (Gen1 half) - QT05 Sideswipe, QT06 Prowl, QT07 Hotrod, QT08 Bumblebee (November release in Japan)

Wave 2 - Alternity GTR Optimus, Gen1 Wheeljack, Gen1 Jazz, Gen1 Sunstreaker, Gen1 Red Alert, Gen1 Smokescreen (January release in Japan)

Wave 3 - Movie Nemesis Prime, Gen1 Hound, Gen1 Bluestreak, Gen1 Tracks (February release in Japan)

I'm thinking about getting some of these given the price isn't super high but I have so much stuff on preorder for November I have to prioritise my budget for them first. My bank account hates this time of year.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

The QT Transformers in Japan looks to be a lot more than just a small set of simple gimmick toys. These toys are being supported by a game and cartoon in Japan, which is really surprising for so much support for such a small product range.

A promo for the cartoon is here, while a press event video can be seen here (it goes for an hour & 20 minutes, but shows one new Gen1 QT toy coming that wasn't listed in post #4 - Ultra Magnus.

The Official website can be found here.

The first episode of the cartoon has been release, and a translated summary has been done up here as well.

OK, I know Transformers media has always been about selling the toys, but at least Hasbro normally tries to hide that fact.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

They are now on shelves in stores here in HK. They are about the size of the bot shots and very cute! Not everyone's cup of tea I know but I HAD to get Optimus for my collection.