Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TF Club Archive Sale

What a kick in the nuts. Those are some INSANE prices, looks like everything is sold out though.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    What a kick in the nuts. Those are some INSANE prices, looks like everything is sold out though.
    Yeah, despite my current anger at the club and the disrespectful attitude being shown in the TFW thread I was definitely going to pick up a Punch - instead I just feel like throwing one

I want a single Virulent Clone from 2005, which sell on ebay for about $70, but buy-it-now dealers have them listed for $300 & $1000! As if they are in high demand.

The price on of the ones on the archive sales were $70, but shipping was going to be $45. Too much for me just wanting one of the pair (I sold off the second one in 2005 because I had no interest in duplicates, but since then, BotCon have had a couple of other 3-pack duplicate sets... so now keeping those, my 2005 shelf is incomplete by not keeping the pair as they were sold).

I looked for other things to cart (to sell off) to offset some of the shipping, but it was mostly boxsets still available, or toys that I had trouble selling off the first time around. I was tempted to get the Stunticon boxset, but that's a lot of money to risk someone here still wanting one for at least AU$500 (based on its price and shipping in US$).
    I carted the 2007 Springer & Huffer, and it only added $2 to the shipping... but a quick check on ebay and the pair are selling for well under the US$75 price on the Club Store.
    So I ended up buying another Pirate Clone pair (Pounce & Wingspan) which only added another $9 shipping (they were really popular this year, so should be less risk)... so I'll have those and a Virulent Clone eventually for sale in the Saleyard.

They still have the Stunticon pack available - $400 is well out of my current price range but if anyone else is still looking I'd grab it fast

I haven't looked (and it wouldn't still be there) but i'd love a Shattered Glass Megatron one day..
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

FWIW loose sets of the 2011 Stunticons can be had for much less than $400 - $500. You can grab find 'em for less than $300 if you're willing to hunt around a bit.

The best stuff is long gone, but if you want Octopunch, Spinister, Razorclaw, Elita, Landquake, Breakaway, Banzai-tron, Skyquake and more, there's still time.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah, despite my current anger at the club and the disrespectful attitude being shown in the TFW thread I was definitely going to pick up a Punch - instead I just feel like throwing one

Sorry, Trev, i shouldn't laugh, but damn that was funny.
    All i wanted was the SG Rodimus. Oh, well, not today then.

I must have grabbed the last of the Virulent Clones, as it is discontinued now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

Sorry, Trev, i shouldn't laugh, but damn that was funny.
    All i wanted was the SG Rodimus. Oh, well, not today then.