Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Anybody have a 200X Kobra Khan that they wish to sell? It's fine if loose and without the gun.

This morning I excitedly went to the Post Office hoping for my Battle Cat and the Cyber Monday figures and was disappointed when the post lady brought out this tiny box...

At first I wasn't sure what it was as I wasn't expecting anything else and then I read 'Hong Kong' on the box and it hit me - It's the replacements from the Chinese seller that sold me the faulty MOTUC toys! I was surprised at this because I had given the toys up as fraud and was planning to submit a dispute but the seller was actually true to his word.

The Faker body is actually pretty good, some defects but they are more in line with 'Matty QC'. The Beastman head looks good and Evil-Lyn is a bit dirty but doesn't look worn nor does it have weird paint splotches. The only 'not so good' is She-Ra once again but I think I can mix and match parts with the other body for something decent.

Now that leaves me with a Faker, Evil-Lyn and She-Ra bodies as spares. I am not sure what I can do with these as I don't know if anyone would want them.

I also I wasn't expecting to get a replacement for Faker so I ordered one from a guy at He-Man.org so I may sell that one since I already have a pretty decent loose one.

I hope the Cyber Monday stuff arrives tomorrow before the Christmas break.
    Last edited by kup; 23rd December 2010 at 10:32 AM.

Those look alright hey, glad u got some resolve! My Cyber Monday stuff still isn't here either ... i had 2 days off work and was hoping to walk in and find them but nope

Hey Kup, can you post a full body pic of the Defective She-Ra you got? If the paint damage is in my opinion negligible maybe we could work something out?

....Shame you don't have a spare Teela. The extra heads are so good I need two bodies to display them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Hey Kup, can you post a full body pic of the Defective She-Ra you got? If the paint damage is in my opinion negligible maybe we could work something out?

....Shame you don't have a spare Teela. The extra heads are so good I need two bodies to display them.
    I'll get back to you on that one as I will need to do some disassembling and re-assembling on She-Ra. However you have given me an idea on the spare Teela head. I am curious to see what it looks like.

Over on thefwoosh.com when they do a new MOTUC review, they photoshop the toy into vintage posters:

Anyone know where I can find hi-res originals?

Typical, just after i post, i manage to find one of them plus some other artwork in high res. Still really want the others though!

Edit: more from that site, downloading now! Here

A bit more searching and i have them all! Grayskull, Eternia & Horde!
    Last edited by kurdt_the_goat; 29th December 2010 at 02:37 AM.

That's a cool idea and the Classics figures can also be somewhat hard to spot since they closely resemble the vintage art.

On another note, How many Palace guards would you be buying next week?

probably 2 sets... will use one guard as a Mer Man varient and have the other 3 on display.

Just out of curiosity, why is it that Evil-lyn's figure (Original/Classics?) has her skin in that 'Simpsons' yellow as opposed to how she appears on screen?