Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TFAn Review Ep6 (Spoilers)

Default TFAn Review Ep6 (Spoilers)

Post here your thoughts on the sixth episode of Transformers Animated. If this screens in Australia any time soon, we will re-look at this topic.

*** SPOILERS ***

Episode Synopsis apparently from Cartoon Network website:

Episode 6: Blast From the Past
    Professor Sumdac Upgrades a trio of animatronic dinosaurs from a local theme park, but the creatures develop minds of their own & become rampaging Dinobots, bent on destroying the Autobots.

My views on this episode:

(need to scroll down a bit)
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...hp?t=22&page=9
    ________
    Magic Flight Launch Box
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:53 PM.

My views on the Animated Dinobots have also been expressed on the link provided by kup.

i watched the ep today

the skunk proffesor says in front of the Autobots that he reverse engeneered the robotic technology from alien parts, you think the autobots would have picked up on that

Yeah that is something that irked me at the end of that episode. You would expect Prime or someone to say "Hey! Where did you get our Technology?!!" but no one does in the same way that no one cares that they are Alien robots.

Stuff like this is what keeps me from fully enjoying this series as I did with Beast Wars. I wish that they make the Genius professor a bit smarter in future episodes as his stupidity is seriously hampering my enjoyment of this series as its absurd even at a kid's level. Same goes with other characters in such moments to what Roller described.
    ________
    Amc ambassador history
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:01 PM.

Sumdac's robotics is still heniously primitive compared to proper Cybertronian technology, which would explain why the Autobots generally aren't suspicious. They don't seem terribly familiar with human technology, culture and other aspects of human civilisation/society in many aspects so they're probably oblivious to the technological leap that occured at the time of their crash. But even then, it's been largely attributed to Sumdac as a historical turning point - which happens (e.g.: advent of fire, writing, iron, roads, ships, sub-machine guns, flight, the atom bomb et al.).

Quote Originally Posted by kup
    I wish that they make the Genius professor a bit smarter in future episodes as his stupidity is seriously hampering my enjoyment of this series as its absurd even at a kid's level.
    I agree. The whole "bumbling professor" routine is getting as worn as Bulkhead's "strong and stupid" thing. *sigh*

I was talking to a non-Transfan friend of mine who's been watching Animated and he told me that what irks him about this show is that there's nothing in it that engages him as an older/adult viewer. The entire show seems to be entirely geared towards children. There are references for G1 fans, but nothing to specifically engage an older audience. It isn't written on different levels or layers like Beast Wars or The Simpsons where kids and adults can enjoy it at different levels.

i can just picture the skunk being stabbed to death by a boomer from Bubblegum crisis tokyo 2040

Was he born in India? in the first ep it looks like America when he is a kid in the flashback. His accent troubles me

It hasn't been confirmed but he looks to be Indian and has been living in Detroit since his youth.

Something to credit the writers here is that its very rare to see Indian protagonists in US Television programs so its good to see that the main humans in this show are or appear to be from an Indian background.
    ________
    NEVADA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:02 PM.

my point exactly

like freakin star trek, showin that everyone on the planet can get along

do the other dinobots transform? Is there a Grimlock toy?

The other Dinobots don't... yet

There is a Grimlock toy coming