Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Wanted : Vintage Hasbro Trading Cards

Don't suppose you have any spare wrappers of these cards? I try to put one in the box I store them in.

Thanks to Skullcruncher, my collection is nearly complete.

Apart from a card #80 that tinyJazz might be able to hold for me, I just need 79, 81 and 95.

I'd also not mind nicer versions of the following to replace some well worn cards, but it's hardly essential: 56, 73, 74, 85, 89, 96, 97, 100

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'll check my doubles tomorrow. Not sure what I've got, but it's possible I have one or two.

Thanks to Paulbot… I have found the right link to discuss about the Australian transformers cards I recently acquired.

Im somewhat baffled about the TF trading card set of 100.
    Was it actually an Australian/NZ release variant just like the Garbage Pail Kids cards and Gijoe?

How many TF trading card total for the US variant? Do any one have the original wrapper to scan and post up. I would love to see what it looked like sealed back then. Did it come with chewing gum?

I don't think I have ever seen them in dairy shops in NZ (Milk Bar for Australians) where I used to buy sweets, trading cards and comics back in those days.

I am only missing number 85 Some of the cards have yellowing edges due to age I guess but overall the card lot looks good.. not grubby or too much wear just in acceptable condition.

I will again check each card to determine whenever if I need replacements and if that person who have a duplicate number 85 I can then ask for more replacement cards on top when available.

Did the Australian car set of 100 ever came with a checklist? I am looking forwards placing them all in plastic card sleeves later on

There were 192 cards in the US set (including a Checklist, but the Australian set had just 100 (and no checklist). So yes it was an Aus/NZ-only thing.

They were sold at the Milk Bars here and I'm 99% certain there was chewing gum. I've only seen the US ones in packaging where the cards were in plastic on a backing card. The Aus ones had a wrapper but I can't recall what it looked like and never saved one.

There's a list of the cards from both the US and AUS sets here

There is one small omission on the list.
    Mixmaster was released as No.68 as well as a misprinted No.86.

Thanks for the awesome archive link.. From what I understand that the Australian variant might be more sought after compared to the US version
    It is a nice and simple set of 100 with yellow for Autobots and purple and blue for deceptions while the US version have more colour variety
    I have a hunch the Australian variant might be more desirable for American collectors
    From what I see I am missing card no 85- Any one out there yet have a spare?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    There is one small omission on the list.
    Mixmaster was released as No.68 as well as a misprinted No.86.
    From what I see on the cards

Shockwave is on card 86
    Mixmaster is on card 68
    unless there is a misprint of mixmaster being on card 86 correct?

Hey, just found this thread - I was recently blessed by a wonderful person with an almost complete set of these cards in good/great condition - they're all protected in the regular card "ultra pro" plastic sheets.

As I'm missing 15 i'll list the ones i'm MISSING (shorter)
    100 card set - missing items =
    3, 9, 17, 22, 27, 41, 47, 68, 71, 80, 81, 83, 85, 92, 96

Now, I've never collected these cards - so i'm willing to help people out if they're trying to complete a set with cards that I have. I'll get some photos sorted in the next week and post a link soon.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Quote Originally Posted by Danzvader78 View Post
    From what I see on the cards

Shockwave is on card 86
    Mixmaster is on card 68
    unless there is a misprint of mixmaster being on card 86 correct?
    Yep. There are the 2 Mixmaster cards.
    68 being correct & 86 being the misprint.