View Poll Results: GEN Devastator - worth buying?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 84.00%
  • Only if...

2 4.00%
  • No

1 2.00%
  • Not even interested

5 10.00%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Combiner Wars Devastator

After trying to find the $10 deluxes, I can't be bothered giving a proper review, but instead I will say this.
    It is better than ROTF Devastator (the big one, the smaller one is a case of YMMV).
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

The packaging should have said 5 Voyagers and 1 Leader, as Long Haul is heavier than Ultra Magnus by about 25%.

I have to go play with mine now, but all the photos and comments are making this look like a winning toy from Hasbro.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The packaging should have said 5 Voyagers and 1 Leader, as Long Haul is heavier than Ultra Magnus by about 25%.

I have to go play with mine now, but all the photos and comments are making this look like a winning toy from Hasbro.
    I would say he's somewhere between an Ultra Class figure and a Leader class figure

As seen here, he is bigger than Jetstorm, but he doesn't actually feel like a Leader class figure.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

here he is with my MP/3MP collection (and green giant)

I've so far transformed them into robot mode, and I am liking these. Simple enough to be fun to play with, but not too simple like gimmick toys.

The transformations are intuitive enough to figure out with a bit of a play, but for Longhaul I had to look at the box to see that the legs were backwards.
    And Longhaul is probably the one that looks worst in robot mode, and is over-sized in vehicle mode (the vehicles aren't meant to be to scale, so the size issue is obviously due to its combining requirement).

I'm a bit annoyed that the packaging and instructions don't show where the weapons go in vehicle and robot modes.

Still, very nice so far... and are the right size and sculpting to sit among the Masterpiece toys and not look out of place.

Megatran Guest

Longhaul. Hehehehehe.

OK so I'm a little bit more awake and here are my thoughts on Devastator:

The combined mode is nice, he is very articulated and has a better grasping of his gun than Ultra Magnus. His gun is a bit bent, which is really odd and I have no idea why (this isn't a one off thing as there are multiple reports, unlike what Gokitimus has dealt with). While he doesn't have articulated fingers, you can always do a little bit of customization to give Devastator some fingers.

With the robot modes, the one I'm not really a fan of is Long Haul. Is it just me or when you try to turn his legs around, it just makes this cracking noise that makes you fear you're gonna break something? Other than that some of the flaws seen are Hasbro's problems and will be fixed with the TakaraTomy version (which I am uncertain if I would get, knowing that it's gonna cost more than $198, including shipping)

I didn't mention much, but I would like to say it is a nice toy. It gives a good modern update on the toy I bet most of you had as a kid. However the construction army does feel like its lacking some stuff, which I mentioned will be filled in the TakaraTomy release.
    So overall, if you want a giant green robot thing, I don't care which version you get as the Hasbro version is alright. If you want the constructions, wait for the TakaraTomy version, because apparently they have better weapons

Looks like a fun set! Although I have zero interest, I'm glad they released this as I really enjoyed the reviews.

Playing with my new toy