View Poll Results: GEN Devastator - worth buying?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 84.00%
  • Only if...

2 4.00%
  • No

1 2.00%
  • Not even interested

5 10.00%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Combiner Wars Devastator

that's pretty cool haha

When they announced this guy, I thought... I never picked up Metroplex, so I'll splurge on a Devastator -- cool to have someone that big around. But then I sort of thought, well, he's a bit too big, but I'll buy him if the individual robot modes are nice. Then: Elbowgate. I was out. It's 2015!

But suddenly he was here, so I figured why not? The individual Constructicons are pretty nice. Basic for their size, but some clever stuff going on in their transformations. I wasn't sure I'd ever bother combining them (I'd assumed he'd be combined in the box).

But I did and holy gosh. Devastator is magnificent. Much more than the sum of his parts.

Just don't misplace his chestplate, because there's nothing but empty air behind it.

Definitely happy with this guy. Vehicle modes are nice, even if they do lack a little functionality. Individually the robot modes are... Adequate. A bit hollow, and lacking some crucial joints. Concessions have been made, that's for sure.

Totally worth it.

All merged up he's just about perfect. Very solid, stiff joints, not a gap to be seen. If I had to pick one flaw (and thanks to a condition medical science cannot explain, I do) it's that his upper arms are a bit spindly. Honestly though that's no complaint at all.

I... Love him.

It's nice seeing people loving this toy when they get it home... so much so, that people are posing it and posting photos.

There may only be rare gems like this one every few years, but when they do, it really renews the love of the whole Brand for many fans from it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Is one of the bots that get non transformers fans interested as well.

Just got him out of the box this morning and I so pleased I got this figure. I don't mind the "elbow" issue with some of the individual bots as I will be displaying him combined.

As mentioned somewhere else, Hasbro at BotCon mentioned that they chose not to have elbows on some of the bots because Devastator was not stable enough with them (like with Scrapper, who needs solid arms to be the ankle of Devastator).

Even if it wasn't an issue with Devastator, missing elbows is such an insignificant element, considering the reduced amount of articulation with quite a few Transformers toys these days anyway.

Does anyone else have issues separating Scavengers waist (this step here)? I've been trying for about 20 mins and it won't budge. What's the trick? I'm really worried I'll break it if I apply too much force.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Does anyone else have issues separating Scavengers waist (this step here)? I've been trying for about 20 mins and it won't budge. What's the trick? I'm really worried I'll break it if I apply too much force.
    I was worried too, but eventually forced it apart. It doesn't help that there are moving parts there to make it difficult to get a good grip.

Yeah that part is incredibly stiff on mine but it does come apart just like in the video