Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Optimus Prime's Movies News

Sightings/Sales

Old 5th June 2018, 07:38 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Hmmmm, this doesn't look like a reboot to me. I smell a prequel, and we all know how bad those are. **Cough**Episode I**Cough**
Old 5th June 2018, 08:14 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I like the more G1 look with the panels being sizeable and covering most of his body giving the G1 coloured robot look rather than silver with flashes of colour.

Also like the little paddle/antennas on his head that were part of his reactions. The bee fighting mask looked great. Especially the eyes.

Also loved the eyes were part of the car underneath. Almost like a toy where they don't need to fully cover the underneath so part of the head is visible.
Old 5th June 2018, 08:45 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
2. I like that Bee is smaller in this than in the Bay films. I always felt he was slightly too large in those.
I think that a significant part of that may also be due to the different choice of alt mode. A VW Beetle is obviously smaller than a Camaro thus it would unfold to be a smaller robot.
Old 5th June 2018, 09:14 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
Hmmmm, this doesn't look like a reboot to me. I smell a prequel, and we all know how bad those are. **Cough**Episode I**Cough**
That was always the case. From when the flick was first announced this movie has always been planned as a prequel. A reboot of the movies wasn’t announced until way after production was underway. This is the last of the flicks in this particular ‘movieverse,
Old 5th June 2018, 09:17 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Apparently some people have suggested the Decepticon seeker may be “Ramjet”?... although it would be cool to have another seeker make an appearance, i think the look is more styled towards Starscreams G1 appearance, in any case I’m hoping it is in fact Starscream cause as far as I’m concerned he deserves the spotlight just as much as Bumblebee
Old 5th June 2018, 09:22 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
I like the trailer, the voice over by "Bobby Bolivia' (RIP Bernie Mac) gave me chills.
I'm not a fan of Bumblebee not talking but I can see why they've kept it if this is in fact the same universe as all the other live action films. I get a feeling it might be handled better this time though.

My favourite thing is that Bumblbees robot mode isn't overly gappy. he looks like he has a shell/skin/surface to his structure, something that clearly defines his profile but also he's not full of gaps making it easy for an enemy to attack his weaker internals.

I'll be interested to see what Rating it has.

Now all I have to do is avoid any further trailers till it comes out in December.
I'm with you on every point. But I really hope Bumblebee starts talking at some point in the film. It would really help with developing some characterisation. Also, that Decepticon jet was nice!
Old 5th June 2018, 10:12 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

I heard this is the last TF bay movie. This is the end till someone else reboot.

That plane is a Phantom A4, looks almost like ramjet.
Old 5th June 2018, 10:23 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Huh...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it looks... decent. But I've gotta crush that optimism. Don't want to go getting my hopes up.
Old 5th June 2018, 10:56 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

It looks promising, and the 80's nostalgia is strong in this one.

Starscream actually looks somewhat like his G1 self, and even the brief transformation sequence seems similar to his G1 in-flight transformation.

Also, this Bumblebee's battle mask has a similar appearance to Animated Bumblebee's battle mask, but also has compound eyes, just like a bee. Nice.

Old 5th June 2018, 11:40 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I like the new Bumblebee design with all the beetle kibble. I'd totally get that MPM based on this design.

But can we have an effing Bumblebee that can actually speak for a change please!?

Showed the girlfriend the trailer; she thinks the new Bee is cute and is genuinely more excited than me. Yeah maybe this new one targets a slightly different demographic.