Page 287 of 307 FirstFirst ... 267277282283284285286287288289290291292297 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 3063

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

Picked up a Macross II VF-2SS with SAP after not buying any new Valkyries since the original run of Macross Frontier valks. Not as bad as I had read but slightly floppy in some areas. A solid first effort from a first time valkyrie producer but could have been so much better if they had used better quality plastic on the SAP kit and had the locking tabs secure more solidly. Not too fussed since I got it super cheap from a mate on holiday in Japan but probably wouldn't pay over $200 for the complete set (valkyrie and SAP). Kinda want to get the Macross Delta valkyries now but can't be bothered with the pre-ordering nightmare.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Picked up a Macross II VF-2SS with SAP after not buying any new Valkyries since the original run of Macross Frontier valks. Not as bad as I had read but slightly floppy in some areas. A solid first effort from a first time valkyrie producer but could have been so much better if they had used better quality plastic on the SAP kit and had the locking tabs secure more solidly. Not too fussed since I got it super cheap from a mate on holiday in Japan but probably wouldn't pay over $200 for the complete set (valkyrie and SAP). Kinda want to get the Macross Delta valkyries now but can't be bothered with the pre-ordering nightmare.
    A friend and I think maybe another bought this piece at 40% off a while back. So yeah $200 is a bit over the top.

Yup the pre ordering nightmare is really bad. I cannot imagine if you were a complete collector and missing out on one. I have stopped on new Macross series as I felt they cost a fortune. Instead I am buying a few 1/100 hi metal and calling it quits.

Man I want a decent VF-2SS. But the emphasis on the decent part means the ET version is not the one I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    A friend and I think maybe another bought this piece at 40% off a while back. So yeah $200 is a bit over the top.

Yup the pre ordering nightmare is really bad. I cannot imagine if you were a complete collector and missing out on one. I have stopped on new Macross series as I felt they cost a fortune. Instead I am buying a few 1/100 hi metal and calling it quits.
    Yeah I would really like a SV-262 but I'm not going through that preorder crap. If I can't get one easily, then I won't worry about it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Update on the VF-31 model kit.
    Pretty much done, but I think it needs a little touch of paint in a few spots.
    (Wings aren't folded back in battroid mode, coz the old Siegfried is a tad back heavy!)

Deploy drones!
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Looks good

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Update on the VF-31 model kit.
    Pretty much done, but I think it needs a little touch of paint in a few spots.
    (Wings aren't folded back in battroid mode, coz the old Siegfried is a tad back heavy!)
    Nice build and pics.

What's you level of build experience?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Nice one klystron .... looks great man

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Nice build and pics.

What's you level of build experience?
    Minimal.
    First Macross kit. First glue-less, sticker-based kit too. Some of those stickers were a bit a learning curve to apply. Some I couldnt get to line up fully at all (note the gap in the blue line on the side of the nosecone).
    Had to paint Hayate's hair, face, clothes as it was all just grey. I also painted the drones a metallic-bronze during assembly so they stood out. Just painted the landing gear tyres black too.
    I think the gun-barrel area of 2 arm guns is supposed to be grey, but there was no stickers, so I'll paint them later.

I made a Lafayette class SSBN about 10years ago. Took months of painstaking, minute painting details...
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Minimal.
    First Macross kit. First glue-less, sticker-based kit too. Some of those stickers were a bit a learning curve to apply. Some I couldnt get to line up fully at all (note the gap in the blue line on the side of the nosecone).
    Had to paint Hayate's hair, face, clothes as it was all just grey. I also painted the drones a metallic-bronze during assembly so they stood out. Just painted the landing gear tyres black too.
    I think the gun-barrel area of 2 arm guns is supposed to be grey, but there was no stickers, so I'll paint them later.

I made a Lafayette class SSBN about 10years ago. Took months of painstaking, minute painting details...
    That looks great. Thanks for the info.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Currently in Japan for work, I had to do the thing.