Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TRU Chaos on Velocitron set now out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default TRU Chaos on Velocitron set now out

As the post states, advertised for $999.90HKD. Roughly $170.00AUD converted.

https://www.facebook.com/toysrushongkong/

Hopefully the link works.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Hopefully the link works.
    Link doesn't work, but here we go:

So these figures will only be available via this set then?

Wonder if they might be released separately at a later date.

Link to the set on the TRU HK website:

http://www.toysrus.com.hk/w1/zh-hk/i8971856

That box art is glorious

Just been informed by TRU Aus on their FB page that they don't know how much it will be or if they will be getting it in at all.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Looking at the TRU HK page, the reservation period ends April 3rd, and the toy is to be released at the end of April... so it might mean that they won't be released in stores, the stores will only get in enough stock to cover pre-orders.
    I have a feeling that they would still have some stock on shelves... but maybe not a lot, as the pre-orders would be where they will be getting the bulk of the sales.

The exchange rate at the moment (1 to 5.97) means that the set would cost about AU$170 (as noted in the first post)... or about AU$180 at most banking rates. That is actually a little less than what the individual figures would cost (about $195), and they would be in cheaper "retail" packaging.

Hopefully both 5-packs show up here... for a respectable price.

From the TRU website...

The 5-figure Chaos on Velocitron set features a figure at each Titans Return scale: 1 Leader Class, 1 Voyager Class, 1 Deluxe Class, 1 Legends Class, and 1 Titan Master figure. The Titan Master figure becomes the head for the Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader Class figures.

The pack features five special edition figures, including a special edition Titan Master figure with die-cast parts, and a special edition Legends Class clone character figure available for the first time since 1987.

It's Chaos on Velocitron as the fastest bots in the universe race for dominion over the power of speed. Rodimus Prime and the Autobots must prevent the power from falling into the hands of the sinister Decepticons.

Figure Specs:
    Leader Class Quickswitch
    Voyager Class Laser Prime
    Deluxe Class Autobot Nautica
    Legends Class Fastclash
    Titan Master Rodimus Prime

The moment RK or PC has it on preorder I'm buying. Too risky to wait for retail
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

For those interested in this set... the Velocitron set has just popped up on Amazon (sold by Amazon) for US$100 plus US$25 for shipping (for one).

I ordered two (one for me and one for a friend) and it came to AU$338... which is AU$170 each (the same price as in HK without shipping), and 15% less than the price it would be in Australia if ToysRUs ends up selling it here.

This unexpected, as it is supposed to be a TRU exclusive in America like everywhere else, so Amazon shouldn't be able to sell it.

It doesn't get released until June 17th, so it will be interesting to see what happens on that date. (at least with Amazon it's not too much to worry about, because if it was a mistaken listing, or it wasn't meant to be available to export, they will refund the money quickly and easily)

I don't have the money to pay for 2 sets right off the bat, is anyone able to order if I send them half the cash?