Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chester Bennington, Linkin Park lead signer passes away at 41.

Default Chester Bennington, Linkin Park lead signer passes away at 41.

Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington was found dead today from an apartment hanging suicide. He will be known to Transformers fans for his vocals on the theme songs from the first 3 Michael Bay Transformers movies. (Lead vocals on What I've done, and New Divide. Backing vocals on Iridescent). Chester was 41.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...-age-41/38990/

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-2...uicide/8730150

As a Linkin Park fan since their very first single was released under the Linkin Park name I'm saddened by this news. I always figured the members of Linkin Park and the band itself would be around all my life.

So sad. Got What I've Done playing in my head today.

It is indeed sad news... and an unfortunate day too as the bulk of the fandom are likely to not even notice, with all the SDCC TFs news and focus today.

Megatron Guest

As a fan of Linkin Park since their beginning, this is sad news indeed.

"When my time comes
    Forget the wrong that I've done
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed
    And don't resent me
    And when you're feeling empty
    Keep me in your memory
    Leave out all the rest
    Leave out all the rest"

Leave Out All The Rest - Linkin Park

Thank you Chester, you will be missed

til all are one
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

It looks like there could be some connection to the death of Chris Cornell - the vocalist for Soundgarden and Audioslave, hung himself two months ago on May 18th, and Chester was godfather to Chris' 11 year old son. Chester sung at his funeral, and then committed suicide in the same way as Chris, on Chris' birthday (July 20th)... so maybe he just wasn't able to deal with the loss of his close friend.

Suicide is really terrible and this sucks and I hope everyone affected by this is okay. I know it might seem like over-reacting but reach out to someone, anyone, if you ever feel these sorts of feelings or impulses or whatever coming on. <3

Absolutely devastated to wake up to this news this morning. Been a massive LP fan since they first exploded onto the scene.
    Listened to 3 albums at work today and wore a LinkinPark tshirt all day.
    #linkinparkforever
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

FatalityPitt Guest

I used to listen to the radio on the bus to school, and I first heard 'Numb' when I was about 15; my first exposure to Linkin Park. That time, I thought the lyrics were pretty relatable, as were most of their songs.

I know everyone eventually dies, but what makes this really sad is that it was a suicide, and CB's last days must have been really horrible (an understatement) to cause him to do what he did. I'd never wish suicide on anyone, not even my worst enemy, let alone some someone I admired as a kid. My thoughts are with him and his friends and family.

Thanks Chester, for your contributions to the soundtrack of our lives. RIP

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

What's really tragic about suicide from a newspaper article or something I read long ago is that it has a strong ripple effect, clearly, Chester was affected by the ripple, lets just hope his biggest fans, friends and family cope with it better.

I've gone off linkin park over the years (was only into their earlier stuff) but hoped they might go full circle, guess that time won't ever come, spent the day just listening to their older songs as a kinda tribute.

RIP Chester