Page 13 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Sydney drew 3-3.
    I'm sure that's what I read! Maybe I shouldn't have been drinking that much energon last night.

But that's still pretty average given that they should have won. But their squad like we mentioned last time doesn't consist of much at the moment but maybe later in the season, they'll become a real force.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

TheDirtyDigger Guest

It was good to see the Irish win the IR series.
    Apart from the country only having a population pool of around 4 million to draw from, their players are amateurs who have 'real' jobs and football is played on the side as opposed to our overpaid, over-glamourised professional sporting 'heroes' who make a living and are lauded for playing a child's ball game.

As for the game it sure is an interesting mish-mash of other codes. I didn't really like the smallness of the field though. Made it feel like a basketball game on grass at times.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    It was good to see the Irish win the IR series.
    Apart from the country only having a population pool of around 4 million to draw from, their players are amateurs who have 'real' jobs and football is played on the side as opposed to our overpaid, over-glamourised professional sporting 'heroes' who make a living and are lauded for playing a child's ball game.
    Agree totally. One of the reasons I was rooting for them.

Though to the defence of the Aussies, its not a game style that suits them at all. A lot of it goes against their natural playing instinct.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Good to see a couple of upsets in the RLWC last night. Go you Wolfhounds!!!

Just a thought the whole player eligibility thing. If Tuiaki and Moimoi weren't allowed to represent Tonga because they played for NZ last year does that mean Jarryd Hayne wont be able to play for NSW/Australia for the next 2 years?... Or will they find some loophole for him?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Am glad managed to go to a RLWC08 game last night - Samoa vs Ireland

Didnt really know who to go for but ended up going for Samoa (also was surrounded by Samoan supporters). Too bad they lost though, they had a lot of opportunities early in the 1st hald but couldnt convert into points.

My friend said she shouldv brought her green wig in with her.

Overall it wasnt a bad game anyway with all the "home" support the Samoans had. It was probably one of the louder games iv been too even if the crowd was a fraction the size of others.

I still think the Pacific Islands need to be more involved in Elite Footy Competions overall (League and Union). Even if this means a qualifier among those teams to play the Tri-Nations/NRL Premiers or something.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that if Tonga make it to the Semi, MoiMoi and Tuiaki would be eligible to play because that would be 2 years after they last player for NZ, or something alone the lines of that... Guess that's not happening though seeing we're Tonga finished up..

And it's a good question about Hayne, I think I also read somewhere that a WC resets everything, so after this finishes he can choose to play for AUS again, maybe I read it wrong though so I'm not sure... To be honest I don't think AUS will be in a rush to pick him though, there is plenty of talent too choose from for fullback/wings/centres so although he is really talented, until he gets some consistency there are a few players who would be picked ahead of him I would think, he is only 20 though so there is plenty of time for him to improve in that regard. If he gets picked for NSW, which is more likely I would think, it would be interesting though to see then if he is eligible for AUS again...

If you look past the fact that the WC was already won by AUS before it even started, there have been a lot of great games in pools B and C from the smaller nations, especially the islands, which a lot of people have chosen to ignore simply to bag out the WC. Personally, I think it's been great so far, and I hope it leads to more internationals being played by countries such as Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, PNG etc...

North Melbourne-bot...?

So Australia vs Fiji... Who is going to win, Australia or the clock?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Well, the Aussies are up 22-zip at the 18th minute so they're already winning the race...

52-0

Good to see Storm boys Slater and Inglis getting a few tries

Disappointing for Fiji though but they tried their best

North Melbourne-bot...?

It would have been a better world cup had Australia already been guaranteed a spot in the final, then have 2 pools duke it out with the Grand final winner of all those play off against Australia.

Should also allow a Koori and Maori team in the next tournie.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)