Page 148 of 152 FirstFirst ... 128138143144145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Sure is. A visit to a hospital for sick kids is great publicity when his on field antics and behaviour show us what he is truly like.

I think we are going to have to agree to be on opposite sides of the fence for this one, we will never see eye to eye on Gallen and the whole drugs scandal. Go enjoy your year of being champions and I'll join in on celebrating the next Sharks premiership when Gallen and co are gone from the game.

Especially since my Knights won't be winning anything but spoons for the next 5 years at least!
    Now again I am far from a Sharks fan but I find it a bit hypocritical of you continually slamming Sharks for drug cheats when the Knights have had plenty of dealings with this.
    Andrew Johns has admitted taking illegal drugs during his playing career so I guess we say 2001 win is drugs tainted by your standard?
    Not to mention you had a player put in jail for dealing bloody drugs!!!
    Dapto Dog for 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    so out of curiosity as AFL?NRL wraps up and A-league Starts
    Who Follows Who (in All Codes)

NRL - AFL - A-League - NFL - MLS - Premier League - Union - Gaelic football (or any other code I have forgotten)

Curious is all
    Eels - none - none - Da Bears - none - Arsenal - Tahs kind of - none
    Dapto Dog for 2017

NRL - Dragons
    AFL - Swans
    RU - Brumbies
    NFL - Packers
    PL - Arsenal
    NBA - Bulls (cause Jordan played for them) Hornetts (cause Jordan owns them)

I am just posting the codes which I follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Now again I am far from a Sharks fan but I find it a bit hypocritical of you continually slamming Sharks for drug cheats when the Knights have had plenty of dealings with this.
    Andrew Johns has admitted taking illegal drugs during his playing career so I guess we say 2001 win is drugs tainted by your standard?
    Not to mention you had a player put in jail for dealing bloody drugs!!!
    As he should have. I make no excuses for any drug cheats, not even the "immortal" Andrew Johns. I'm no fan of his even though his drug taking was not systematic or performance enhancing. Plenty of other players fit that bill as well.

I suppose you don't find it hypocritical that Gallen and a number of other players who went on to play at other clubs plead guilty and took their nothing of a punishment but then Gallen still has the cheek to say he wasn't a cheat and that Flanagan claims he had no idea what Dank was doing yet former sharks players are suing the club for the whole systematic banned substance drug program they were put through.

The whole problem with this is that a gallen and co get to keep their records and stats with no little asterisk on them indicating that they played at least a season juiced but then you have Sandor Earl who was the whole face and whipping boy for the campaign whose career was ruined. Why is it one rule for one and another for others? Why does one player get stamped "never to play again" and another touted as a future immortal for feats performed while peptides pumped through his body?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I'll follow MayzaPrime's lead.

NRL - Dragons
    NBL - Illawarra
    NBA - Portland Trail Blazers (loved them since the Drexler period late 80s/early 90s)
    Serie A - AC Milan (loved them since the glory days of Ruud Gullit and Marco van Basten in the 80s)

Curiously enough each of these teams all feature Red and White in their colour scheme. In fact Portland and AC Milan each share Red/White/Black.

Have no interest in the other codes.

So glad the magnificent Bulldogs went to the Grand Final and defeated the ruthless John Longmire and his COLA gang because south of the border we can't afford to let cheats win.

A-LEAGUE - Victory
    AFL - Bombers
    NRL - Storm
    RU - Rebels
    NFL - 49ers
    LA LIGA - Real Madrid
    SERIE A - Inter Milan
    PRIMERA DIVISION - Colo Colo
    PL - None
    NBA - Bulls
    NBL - Melb United

That's me in a nutshell.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    A-LEAGUE - Victory
    AFL - Bombers
    NRL - Storm
    RU - Rebels
    NFL - 49ers
    LA LIGA - Real Madrid
    SERIE A - Inter Milan
    PRIMERA DIVISION - Colo Colo
    PL - None
    NBA - Bulls
    NBL - Melb United

That's me in a nutshell.
    If only you had an EPL team, you would have a clean sweep!

My father-in-law is a passionate La U fan. If I walked into his house wearing a Colo Colo shirt I think I would be disowned.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    If only you had an EPL team, you would have a clean sweep!

My father-in-law is a passionate La U fan. If I walked into his house wearing a Colo Colo shirt I think I would be disowned.
    How was he the other day with the result??? LOL. I don't follow EPL for two reasons: 1. Not a huge fan of the style of play (prefer tap-tap football, faster pace) & 2. Family majority follow Liverpool but my brother follows Man U (don't want to argue with either, best to stay neutral )
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    We sure like to disagree on these points. Questioning why league players can do just about anything they want that a normal person would be punished far more severely for and then get lauded as a hero because they can tackle another bloke carrying the ball is what is wrong with the fans. Drug cheats, ref abusers, domestic violence offenders are all forgiven the moment they step back on the field with the commentators and most reporters being too gutless to call them out on their behaviour in case they upset them and don't get any further interviews.
    Its not just league, AFL in Melbourne and Rugby in New Zealand is the same. Some rugby player in NZ bashed 4 people (2 males and 2 females) all worse than what Russel Packer did - (and his was bad!) And he didnt see a day of jail time.

No only parramatta players get brown paper bags. How do you think certain media types manage to write one or two pieces a week and still pull a well above average salary!