Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asia exclusive ROTF Prime and Jetfire

Default Re

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Because it's technically a DVD with a toy 'bonus', they'll ship it internationally (like they normally do for books and DVD's). All other toys are domestic only.

One day... one day Amazon Japan will open it's doors completely to international shipping... i hope!
    but doesn't DVD have region setting? We are different from Japan's?

Yeah, this disc at least is Region 2, you can see on the amazon product page. So unless you have a region free player, you'll only be able to play with the toy

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    lcz128: That's interesting. So is it a Hong Kong exclusive or is it also being released in other regions too? (surely not Macau.. surely!)
    Gok, quite a number of toy factories in mainland China either have their head offices in Hong Kong or are owned by Hong Kong companies. Hong Kong used to be a bridge between mainland China and many western companies, and still is in some capacity.

From my sources in Hong Kong, this set is not only available in Hong Kong, but also in mainland China, Singapore, Malaysia etc. If Macau has stores such as TRU, Jusco, or toy dealers who can order from Hasbro then I'm sure it would be available in Macau as well.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=6372

Actually, this set is quite similar to the couple of times MP-4 was re-released. The re-releases were actually ordered by Hasbro's Asia-Pacific branches (who also act as distributors of TakaraTomy products outside Japan), and were available in many Asia-Pacific countries but not Japan itself. This is the reason we saw reissues of items from Hong Kong or Singapore dealers, but sometimes not from Japanese dealers themselves. These weren't "restock" or redistribution of left over Japanese stock, but were in fact brand new production runs fresh from factories.

Those couple of thousands of problematic MP-4 with poor QC released here in our Targets were never returned goods or factory seconds. They were at the time from a new production run (but unforunately with very poor QC...) not just for Australia but for the whole Asia-Pacific region in general, excluding Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy D View Post
    Its going for about 110 USD on robotkingdom which isn't too bad considering its two leader class figures. I'm keen if a group order starts up...[I'm far too lazy to actually organise the group order though]
    It is 3 boxes per case... you guys can keep that in mind if you want to do group orderings from Hong Kong websites. The box being made of the same materials of a Leader Class box but at twice the size feels more flimsy... better handle it with care!

Thanks Kyle. It'd be awesome if Hasbro Australia were able to make a deal with TakaraTOMY to get this set released here... </pipe.dream>