Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Soundwave revealed!

I have an order down for the Amazon release and a standard release. Also, I will have no regrets. It's exactly 6 months away from release and I'm pretty sure I can put a few hundred bucks together by then...

Hasbro haven't announced if or when they will be releasing Soundwave. I'm sure they will, but it will be at least a year away. It will probably be exclusive and may not be released here. MP Rodimus was easy to find at a good price, MP Grimlock was at a decent price but I never even saw one, I'm not sure if Skywarp was even released here, MP Ghost Starscream was massively overpriced despite shelf-warming, MP Starscream was hard to find etc...

You can look at the potential $100 price difference as "impatience tax" or you can look at it as "assurance". Or both, as I do.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Like a lampshade!! as in, all over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm erring on the side of waiting for Hasbro. Judging from what's happened with MP10, I reckon they'll release MP Soundwave at a cheaper price (even by Australian RRP standards). Whether Hasbro Soundwave comes with the extra cassettes or not... either way I'm not keen on paying $210* for MP Soundwave w/ Laserbeak...
    <snip>
    ---------------
    *And that's _without_ postage!
    What are you basing that price on? At RK he still seems to be listed at $160.

But I agree, seeing as it looks like Hasbro's MP-10 will be equally as nice as Takara's, but cost 100-150 rather than 230-250, it seems wise to wait to check out what Hasbro will be offering.

It's just going to be so hard to restrain myself, because Soundwave looks so damn good!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Oh Jackpot!

Minions ftw!

Oh hell yes!! I knew MP Soundwave would be made one day, and here he is Thank god I've been saving my money up, and the idea of there being Cassettes to also collect means there's more to look forward to

Higher res pic of the minion display:

The piece below Megatron is possibly the hand-swapped scanner he uses:

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Higher res pic of the minion display:

The piece below Megatron is possibly the hand-swapped scanner he uses:

I notice that
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

This looks brilliant - the only concern is that so did Masterpiece Rodimus Prime. Do you think it's possible that his right leg is a real MP3 player?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    This looks brilliant - the only concern is that so did Masterpiece Rodimus Prime. Do you think it's possible that his right leg is a real MP3 player?
    My biggest concern is Ravage's split-head design... Soundwave is a very solid looking toy, Rodimus was always fragile looking, although plagued by QC issues.

Apparently what I at first thought was a mini-jack on the front is a LED light, mini-jack is on the top of the leg. And his hip joints remind me of Device Label Broadblasts, which had wiring - I will have to take a second look tho. Realistically, I wouldn't get hopes up, but it would be the cherry on the icing on the cake.

I'd prefer Soundwave without a MP3 device embedded. With phones and plenty of other electronic devices capable of playing music these days, it would just feel like a cheap and tacky add on that no one would use.

Would anyone really want to take public transport holding an 80's cassette player ?