Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DBZ Refreshed from April 5 2009

I hated how all they did was trash talk each other for 3 episodes before having a fight. Hopefully this new series won't have these annoying conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by evilman378 View Post
    I hated how all they did was trash talk each other for 3 episodes before having a fight. Hopefully this new series won't have these annoying conversations.
    but if you take em out, that would cut the series in half

So the first Episode of Kai aired over the weekend.

I'm a fan of the new intro/outro music, and the new background music is pretty top notch too. I'll need more time to make a better judgement on the voice actors, but the Son family are fine so far.

Not sure about the new faster apce, for most of the series, it is really needed to cut down on useless (to the plot, or character development) filler, as well as overlong stare-downs, but there were times that I felt they cut too much, and the tension/dramatic buildup was lost, changing the entire feel of a scene.

New intro outro and eye catcher animation was good, I'm not the biggest fan of the new style of art used in these animations but it's (mostly) of good quality. Some of the newly drawn segments look worse than the original versions, but overall the brighter colour palette is a nice change for the series.

It's good to see Dragonball again, even in a truncated and touched up version, but I do wonder if it would have been better for Toei to re-animate the whole series. Guess only time will tell.

Now I need to find time to watch the new Full Metal Alchemist anime...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

there's a new FMA!? Cool!

I watched FMA and Dragonball Kai yesterday. DB Kai just has a recap of Dragonball and then the appearance of Raditz. FMA is incredibly awesome. It looks so much better. It also features a certain villain from the manga for about two seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I can't tell you all how much more I am looking forward to seeing what they do regarding cuts/edits to the anime than I am to the live action movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I refuse to watch the live action movie. Looks too scary.
    I saw the live action moie the other day. Not being a big fan of DB, I couldn't be insulted by it, so I found it mildly enjoyable. Very mildly, mainly from the high levels of "bad" that were in it. Yum-cha (although tasty) annoyed the hell out of me. There might be a sequel too...

I'll admit that I liked the DBZ live action movie. Characters were pretty spot on (bar Goku sadly)

But no Krillin? sacrilege!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    But no Krillin? sacrilege!
    Yeah, I realised after the film he was missing. Kind of a wtf.

As for the movie, it has its moments, but you watch it for the lols
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

where do i find the new FMA. i've seen the first series and the movie.i really enjoyed the series, its one of my favourite anima...