Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie SPOILER discussion (anything goes)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    He's a former Decepticon in IDW also and he is not a double agent. He's no Dealer/Doubledealer.
    I know it copies the IDW Drift being a former Decepticon, but in the Movie Universe we have had Wheelie, Jetfire and Brains defect... so unless we want it to get too predictable, someone has gotta start defecting for an ulterior motive.
    Since Bay goes his own way with the Movie character profiles, why should Drift copy the IDW Drift (who stayed loyal to the Autobots).
    Are there enough Drift fans to get upset if the Movie Drift turns out still being evil?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    He's a former Decepticon in IDW also and he is not a double agent. He's no Dealer/Doubledealer.
    As we've already seen, who/ what a character has been in previous series means little to sweet nothing to their movie portrayal. I think characters are given names based on quirks, traits or a desire to maintain copyright.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Wouldn't Drift be the character that only talks in Chinese? I'm sure I saw something about one of the robots would only talk in Chinese. And he's got a bit an old fashioned asian stereotype face going on.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    For the first three movies, we basically had toys known of just about all the main robot characters from the preceding US Toyfair. And considering there are 8 or 9 different toy lines (regular and gimmick) this time, if there are more Decepticons in the 4th movie, I wonder if that means we aren't getting any (or many) toys for them. If so, it seems that each successive movie, we are getting more and more of the robot cast that are not being made as toys.
    They did say there were holding off some of the movie toy reveals so there might be some more robot cast coming.

One thing that struck me with all the "cars on set" pics was that there wasn't any shots of air vehicles on set - which makes sense since they'd be likely added in with CGI later anyway!

But with the toys released so far, all of them are cars/trucks (and dinosaurs). And the teaser trailer didn't show any robots with flying alt modes, but did have some space ships. If there is a "Cyclonus" will it be the sole jet 'con. If so, I'd kind of hope he'd have a set of clones (sweeps?!) as generic fodder.

I wonder why there's been reluctance to have flying alt modes - because product placement is impossible? Three/Four (Starscream, Jetfire - did he actually fly in jet mode , Blackout/Grinder) is a pretty small number.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    Was more referring to image size, as they will take up a lot of space. I was wondering if we had something like (Replacing [ with { etc for this post).

{IMG width ="50%"}URL{/IMG} or {RESIZE=500}{IMG}url{/IMG}{/RESIZE} Sorry for being off topic, I just don't want to flood the thread with giant images, as I know some people can get quite annoyed at it. But it would allow them to right click it etc and open it in a new window to see the true size.

Back on topic. Are there any actual legal issues or bay preferences at the moment for the dinobots? As in are there actual things in place at the moment to physically replace the names, but keep the existing character? As I thought we might of had some entirely new dinobots which I thought was kind of odd.
    Slag is apparently completely out, due to the British. (the age of political correctness rules it out... and I think this was the easier option than producing toys that different names in different english markets)
    As for Snarl, Swoop and Sludge - who knows. Maybe Bay liked the sound of Scorn, Slash and Strafe - or someone at Hasbro actually said that the classic names could only be used if they were on a stegosaurus, sauropod, and a (one headed) pterodon?
    (Scorn is a Spinosaur and Slash is a Raptor)

And test post some images using those codings to see if they work.

Slag is apparently completely out, due to the British. (the age of political correctness rules it out... and I think this was the easier option than producing toys that different names in different english markets)
    As for Snarl, Swoop and Sludge - who knows. Maybe Bay liked the sound of Scorn, Slash and Strafe - or someone at Hasbro actually said that the classic names could only be used if they were on a stegosaurus, sauropod, and a (one headed) pterodon?

It'll be interesting to find out the inner workings behind that. I was hoping to have a True Dinobot team, or atleast Grimlock and Swoop. As the Lightning Strike Coalition Force and Wreckers are my favs

I'll make a test image now to see what happens.

I'm a little pissed that he is now Slug in IDW G1 also. If theres one media that doesn't give a dam what is considered political correct it's comics. And yes I realise it's a pack in comic with toys but those toys are aimed at persons 18+ so I don't see the problem with a swear word thats only a swear word in one country.

These new names kill me. Slug, apart from it's various slang meanings seems soooo formidable, while everytime i hear the name Slash mentioned, i imagine a tophat & a big mess of hair.

Yeah, I hate the name Slug too... it just makes me think of the slimy garden variety, or the WFC giant slugs.
    And Slash... well, the famous Guitarist, and taking a leak come to mind.
    A Dinobot deserves something terrifying in its name!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    There's an article on Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...poilers/29459/) with a description of the full trailer, which, providing it is accurate, would seem to spoil the bulk of the plot points. I don't remember the trailers of the other Bay films being quite so spoiler-y. I'm hoping the description is merely fan invention/speculation, otherwise, there's not likely to be many surprises left in the movie.
    Not necessarily.
    In the second movie we saw in trailers Devastator, and that was the climactic part of the movie.
    In the third movie, we see the battle of Chicago, with Optimus slicing through Decepticons and the Driller beast chewing up a building.

It is a risk for movies though - the Climax is where the money shots often are, but how much do you show just to get people wanting to pay money to see more.

I think for TF4, the Dinobots should be somewhere towards the end, but the climax is still likely to be a spoiler that has been left out (the Kreo set of Galvatron breaking out of the Human's factory, with Optimus and Grimlock there... and standing really small in comparison).
    What's the bet that after the Autobots chase off Lockdown's mob with the new Dinobots, the Human making his own robots, has one come to life (as Galvatron... maybe from using Megatron's brain?), and the Autobots and Dinobots then have to defeat it.

Alright so I can't figure out how to resize the images in the post, as I want to keep the quality large. So I apologize about the giant size. If this is bad griff, feel free to delete or ask me to change my post. (They take up about 2.5MB of data in total.)

I ripped these out of one of the trailers on youtube.

Ok so for starters we got the new Optimus, but correct me if I'm wrong. Is it just me or in the top right, is that Optimus being blown over in his original form? As his shoulders, feet and all very clearly look like original Optimus. So I'm presuming something must happen to transform his form, which I look forward to seeing.

So originally I thought this was an evil Decepticon getting ready to attack Bee, but now I realize it must be Strafe? The new 2 Headed Dinobot. Which in the footage I've now realize is technically saving Bee. As bee is being attacked/exploded from behind. In which Strafe 'swoops' down to pick him up from it.

Optimus and Grimlock. I'm glad to see he has the weapons from the FE Toy, both sword and shield(bottom right image) which can be clearly seen. I'm tempted to get a FE Optimus just for the weapons, to put on the new one revealed with the G1 homage alt. Just so I can make him look close to the new movie version

Throwing some snaps in of the humans, because well. Why not. As we can see looks like this movie is going to have them running from explosions a lot. But I'm a Bay fan (don't hate me) so I love it. And Marky Mark is also one of my top 5 actors (don't hate me part 2). And to top it off the bottom right photos shows Marky throwing a punch. When the movie was first revealed having Marky. The first thing I said in another thread was "I hope Marky has a fist fight with a smaller transformer". So I am still quite hoping that happens

A better look at the Head cannon. Is this guy presumed to be Lockdown? Or are we looking at a new Galvatron? I'm sure someone will be able to answer this for me.

So seems we're going to see the cities filled with giant ships again. Which does wonders for my eyes. Anything flying gets my giddies. Be interesting what the location is of the bottom right image is. Due to you can see ships flying in the background. So we're either in a ship, or the cons have made a small base on earth possibly. Which would be pretty cool. I'd love to see some Cybertronian city like structures on the planet.

^ Galvatron is car slicing guy, Lockdown is gun face. Well at least going by the toys and drawings, I guess there could be 100 identical robots.