Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Release date for AOE Blu-ray and DVD

Dose anyone know if the special features that are with the us blu-ray combo packs are coming to the australian blu-ray realese?

^ Normally the extra's are the same.

Anyway, good news everybody!

The US version of AOE is confirmed Region ABC, that's the technical term for region free on Blu-ray.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post

The US version of AOE is confirmed Region ABC, that's the technical term for region free on Blu-ray.
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post

Thanks delta prime and good news about the us version i am still thinking about getting it from the US

Looks like the australian blu-ray version will come with the bonus disc but nothing for dvd

Blu-Ray/Digital Copy $34.98
    Blu-Ray 3D/Blu-Ray/Digital Copy $44.98
    DVD $29.98
    Source: JB Hi Fi

Blu-Ray/Digital Copy $39.99
    Blu_Ray 3D/Blu-Ray/Digital Copy $49.99
    DVD $29.99
    Source:Sanity

Anyone else get their copy from America yet?

I tried to play the 3D disk in my PS4 and it did not work. Fortunately it does work in my Xbox One and PS3. I'm wondering if this is a problem for everybody trying to play that disk on the PS4 or if I have a problem with my PS4.

My regular Blu-Ray works on my PS4, haven't tried the 3D Blu-ray as I don't have a 3D TV, one of my friends do so I will try it there next time I go.

I'm 3/4 way through watching AOE in 3D, just taking a break cause it's such a long movie. I cannot recommend this Blu-ray at all. In addition to the craptacular quality of AOE it's self the Blu-ray's director should be shot in addition to Bay.

In some shots they are using a beautiful looking Digital Cinema 1.85:1 image which creates a small black bar across the top and bottom of the image, but that means no cropping of the image. Then it will change shots to a traditional 2.40:1 ratio shot with film that gives massive black lines across the top and bottom. Bay obviously used two different camera systems shooting the film, thats bad enough, but then the Blu-ray director couldn't make up his/her mind which aspect ratio to use for the Blu-ray so it just keeps switching each time they switch camera.

This particular release of AOE has to be the worst Transformers movie ever.

Sound like maybe they've kept all the Imax shots in the mix? I seem to recall a Dark Knight release that did something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Sound like maybe they've kept all the Imax shots in the mix? I seem to recall a Dark Knight release that did something similar.
    Apparently, that's the case for the 3D version. The 2D version has only 2.40:1.