Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Bay Not Planning to Direct Transformers 5

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Didn't he say he wasn't going to do TF 4 ???
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    or TF3..
    Yeah, he's saying not planning to but he said that for the last couple so that Paramount would drive an extra lorry-load of cash up to his front door. Considering TF4 just made a billion bucks I bet they try to get him back for the next one and if they offer him yet another stupid amount of money he agrees.

I hope he holds to his statement of not doing the next one but I'm pretty skeptial

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah, he's saying not planning to but he said that for the last couple so that Paramount would drive an extra lorry-load of cash up to his front door. Considering TF4 just made a billion bucks I bet they try to get him back for the next one and if they offer him yet another stupid amount of money he agrees.

I hope he holds to his statement of not doing the next one but I'm pretty skeptial
    ^ What he said
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That's right we all initially heard this news for tf4 so this is not accurate and just take it with a grain of salt

I'll believe it when they hire a different guy. From what I've read of the reviews Michael Bay's other big movie this year TMNT is not being well received either, I'll be glad to see him go.

I kinda feel sorry for Michael Bay, he clearly wants to do something else but he's now the 'Transformers Guy' who nobody is willing to hire. I guess thats his punishment for his part in these travesties of filmmaking.

Unfortunately the same misfortune has not befallen the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    I kinda feel sorry for Michael Bay, he clearly wants to do something else but he's now the 'Transformers Guy' who nobody is willing to hire. I guess thats his punishment for his part in these travesties of filmmaking.

Unfortunately the same misfortune has not befallen the writers.
    They actually hired screenwriters for the TF movies??? I thought they just randomly copied fan fiction off the forums and changed the names.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Technically he didn't even want to do the first one... Money changes everything

I still haven't even seen TF4. No interest! Until I hear differently about these films, I'm unwilling to support the direction they're going in.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    TMNT is not being well received either
    What this has to do with anything is lost on me, considering it made about 50% above what it's estimated opening was.

Just saying that money talks and reviews walk.

Bay's using TF5 as positioning to get Paramount to let him do something he wants. He did Pain & Gain (a passion project) prior to TF4, and who knows, he might actually back off and Exec Produce TF5 instead of directing. Either way, it's going to get Bay something from Paramount, you can be sure of that.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It needs an entire reboot following G1 and not killing off important characters.
    I am not saying the movies so far are bad but it is not the cartoons where we live by. Optimus hardly ever killed anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    What this has to do with anything is lost on me, considering it made about 50% above what it's estimated opening was.
    It's another Michael bay piece of s**t. I can't believe people keep going to his movies. 20% on RottenTomatos ain't good. And it only has a $65 mil US box office. TF4 might have snuck by to a billion because apparently the Chinese are idiots that like crap movies but I doubt TMNT will. When I go to see a movie I expect the quality of a Marvel movie for my money, not a piece of crap.
    Last edited by griffin; 14th August 2014 at 04:28 PM. Reason: language