Page 70 of 183 FirstFirst ... 506065666768697071727374758090 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Gah... my Platinum Unleashed Scorn's torso wouldn't collapse in (which is necessary in order to have the spine tabs align properly when transforming to dino mode). I ended having to open the torso up and forcin' that sucker in before reassembling it. So weird... it works perfectly fine on my regular Scorn. Mould degradation? I also noticed that my Grimlock from this set is quite loose too.

...just as well I didn't pay for these toys, but still

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Gah... my Platinum Unleashed Scorn's torso wouldn't collapse in (which is necessary in order to have the spine tabs align properly when transforming to dino mode). I ended having to open the torso up and forcin' that sucker in before reassembling it. So weird... it works perfectly fine on my regular Scorn. Mould degradation? I also noticed that my Grimlock from this set is quite loose too.

Is it chromed?
    Last edited by UltraMarginal; 16th December 2014 at 11:36 AM.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Chromed and Weathered

Chrome, weathered, smokey-clear and with random numbers placed in awkwardly conspicuous locations!

It could simply be a build up of tolerances making the gap too small for the part to pass through.

It's my biggest concern when considering Chromed Transformers. "Was the thickness of the Chrome taken into account during the design process". if it was chances are the figure without chrome would be a floppy mess or if it wasn't there's a lot more potential for surfaces clashing or rubbing.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Didn't have any problems with my Scorn or Grimlock. That said I did have issues with Slug and Slog, Slug's left arm is pretty loose and comes out of the socket very easily while the hinge at the bottom of Slog's dino neck is really tight locked and doesn't twist around.

Probably poor QC on this run?

I just tried to call TakaraTOMY regarding the recurring 403 error on their online survey site, but I've come to realise two things:

1) They have new numbers for their call centre. The number on the bottom of the toy box is only for domestic calls. There's a separate number for international calls which isn't listed on the box, but is on their web site, which is 0011-81-3-5650-1031.

2) Their call centre doesn't open until 10:00JST... so I just called an hour too early. I'm about to step out, so I'm not sure if I'll have time to try again today (so if there are any other Japanese speakers reading this, and if you have the time/inclination, then please consider giving TakTOM a call about this issue Those of you who are in Japan (e.g. Tets, Odie) may use the standard domestic number on the toy boxes, 0570-041031).

I called TakaraTOMY this afternoon and reported the issue with the online survey site. They told me that they'd get back to me; and they actually called me earlier this evening, but I was having dinner with the family and left my phone upstairs! I went upstairs after dinner and saw a message on my phone that said that I had a missed call from +81356501031!

Okay... I got good news and I got bad news.

The good news is, I finally managed to get through to TakaraTOMY's customer call centre (I couldn't call yesterday as it was the Emperor's Birthday public holiday). I was actually on hold for over 7 minutes -- longest time I've ever had to wait for service from TakTOM! The other good news is, I found out I and reportedly others have been unable to access TakaraTOMY's online survey site. And this leads me to the bad news.

The bad news: I've been told that because TakaraTOMY is a domestic service company, their online survey site is now geo-blocking users from outside Japan. I did explain to them that I do purchase my Japanese Transformers from stores in Japan (as opposed to overseas sellers) and that I've frequently been able to access and use the online survey in the past, and that I am keen to continue giving my feedback to TakaraTOMY. The operator thanked me for my continued patronage and said that she would pass on my concerns to her superiors. I also asked if she could ask her higher ups to please consider restoring the web site so that it could provide access to overseas customers again.

So anyway, beyond this there's not much I can do. This seems to be in line with what Takara have told me before about their contractual obligations with Hasbro in terms of only being able to service their own domestic market and not "cross contaminating" Hasbro's markets. I hope that TakaraTOMY will reconsider their stance on the geoblocking, but until/unless they do, it means that those of us outside of Japan are unable to access the online survey for ourselves. Alternatively we could post our opinions on TakaraTOMY's Facebook page... but I don't know if they pay attention to posts there. I posted my concerns about the online survey site's lack of accessibility 12 days ago but never got any reply.

This is a real shame. I've been continuously using Takara(TOMY)'s feedback since 1997; initially with those self-addressed cards (which I would actually take the effort to post, paying for the international postage myself), then later with the online site. So it does feel like an end of an era for me. (T_T)

Okay... I got good news and I got bad news.

The good news is, I finally managed to get through to TakaraTOMY's customer call centre (I couldn't call yesterday as it was the Emperor's Birthday public holiday). I was actually on hold for over 7 minutes -- longest time I've ever had to wait for service from TakTOM! The other good news is, I found out I and reportedly others have been unable to access TakaraTOMY's online survey site. And this leads me to the bad news.

The bad news: I've been told that because TakaraTOMY is a domestic service company, their online survey site is now geo-blocking users from outside Japan. I did explain to them that I do purchase my Japanese Transformers from stores in Japan (as opposed to overseas sellers) and that I've frequently been able to access and use the online survey in the past, and that I am keen to continue giving my feedback to TakaraTOMY. The operator thanked me for my continued patronage and said that she would pass on my concerns to her superiors. I also asked if she could ask her higher ups to please consider restoring the web site so that it could provide access to overseas customers again.

So anyway, beyond this there's not much I can do. This seems to be in line with what Takara have told me before about their contractual obligations with Hasbro in terms of only being able to service their own domestic market and not "cross contaminating" Hasbro's markets. I hope that TakaraTOMY will reconsider their stance on the geoblocking, but until/unless they do, it means that those of us outside of Japan are unable to access the online survey for ourselves. Alternatively we could post our opinions on TakaraTOMY's Facebook page... but I don't know if they pay attention to posts there. I posted my concerns about the online survey site's lack of accessibility 12 days ago but never got any reply.

This is a real shame. I've been continuously using Takara(TOMY)'s feedback since 1997; initially with those self-addressed cards (which I would actually take the effort to post, paying for the international postage myself), then later with the online site. So it does feel like an end of an era for me. (T_T)
    If it means that much to you... PROXY!!!!