Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Australia Post lost my parcel.. help?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It sounds like Australia Post have prevented anyone ever being able to force them to track down a missing item, by automatically listing items as delivered, even if it wasn't, or it was negligently sent to the wrong address... because they know that a sender or sending postal service can't dispute a "delivered" entry, and therefore can't force Australia Post to track down a lost item.
    They're not accepting any responsibility for the items they carry, by preventing anyone from filing a claim against them, with "delivered" being used whether it was delivered or not to the right address.
    it is horrible to know that even the "Signature on Delivery" option is just a gimmick bcos when I ask the operator about this option - it merely states that it has been signed for - it does not say as what Bossbot is indicating - whether has it been delivered correctly or even to the right person/ address.

well at least you have a status of "Delivered". Mine was showing as "Accepted by Australia Post" and that was it... they tried call the shop that I lodged it with and with the orign and destination distrubution centres and when they did not find it - they just say "Cannot be found" case close - refund the customer the postage cost -

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This is why I don't pay for those extra bs. What's the point of tracking if you don't do it properly?

Other countries like ems has insurance but in this case is like a "too bad" and that's it.

I was listening to an interview by Ross Greenwood on podcast that was with the former head of security for Aus Post.

He was saying when he left 4 years ago, there were 22 staff in the mail security section. He said they needed more but were pretty good at catching staff that were stealing things. They would also follow some posties and parcel delivery guys because some routes had people following them and pinching parcels or mail if it wasn't put properly in the boxes. Although some of them had skeleton keys.

Apparently due to cost cutting, there are currently 4 people in this department.

Megatran Guest

Second time I had to file a complaint of undelivered parcel through the AusPost 'My Support' account (thought I would never use it again ). AusPost is fast at responding to the initial complaint but nowhere to be found after that. So waited for 10 business days for them to 'investigate'. Followed up with several entries on the My Support account. Finally got an answer this morning (close to 4 weeks from initial complaint).

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about the investigation you had. My name is (name deleted) from the International Online team. I appreciate the time you have taken to contact us and I am happy to assist with your enquiry today.

We have investigated with the (location deleted) Parcel Delivery Centre. They have confirmed that this parcel was delivered to to your address and left as a safedrop on your front door.

As a signature was not required, unfortunately we are unable to investigate further.
    The email was followed up with trying to sell me a postal locker service.

Bravo AusPost. Bravo!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

In Singapore, because their letter boxes are too small for parcels, they cannot leave the parcel inform of an apartment flat and say job done.

Normally they leave a card for you to collect if you are not home.

I feel Austpost is really poor in service yet charging an arm and leg for even within Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post

I feel Austpost is really poor in service yet charging an arm and leg for even within Australia.
    I wish that was isolated only to Australia post.