Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club Magazine #62 - Hints of new TFCC Character from Lio Convoy/Nova Prime

Default Club Magazine #62 - Hints of new TFCC Character from Lio Convoy/Nova Prime

I just received the latest Club magazine in the mail today, and in the back there's an advertisement for the exclusive Nova Prime figure.

What's interesting is that the box art shows three figures - Nova Prime, Lio Convoy, and quite blurry in the background, a dark grey, black and purple version of the same mould.

I wonder if this has anything to do with hints of a "new" Lio Convoy mentioned in the text stories the club released...
    Last edited by prjkt; 17th April 2015 at 06:47 PM.

Money's on shattered glass version

Scans of the Club Magazine are prohibited, at the Club's request. If they see scans posted here they are likely to cancel memberships of Australians just to prevent it from happening in future... and I don't want my membership cancelled as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Scans of the Club Magazine are prohibited, at the Club's request. If they see scans posted here they are likely to cancel memberships of Australians just to prevent it from happening in future... and I don't want my membership cancelled as a result.
    Ah, didn't realise that - I'll leave my scanner switched off then.

As for SG version? could be - or it might be "Nemesis Convoy" or something like that - the colour map is less SG Optimus (purple upper half, grey/black lower half) and more spread out, similar to the Takara Darkside Megatron from what I can tell.

If indeed it is released, not sure when/how - next year's incentive figure? Another exclusive purchase like Nova Prime? Upcoming Botcon? Next year's TFSS?

Default Collector Club Magazine #62

I was in the process of typing this up as a news topic and saw the posts above were had just been posted, so have merged it here so that it isn't looking like it is stealing anyone's thunder.

I picked this up from the post office today, so here are the contents of the latest issue.

Issue #62 - April/May 2015

Page 1 - Cover - Photo of Transformers Exhibit at the Indianapolis Museum, & photo of Khary Payton (voice of RID Grimlock).

Page 2 - Intro/Info - The first Subscription figure will be shipping "soon", and the BotCon Brochure is supposed to be out in April... both of those need to take into account the usual FunPub delays.

Page 3 - Interview with Khary Payton, talking about the RID Grimlock character.

Pages 4-6 - Photos & review of the Transformers Exhibit at Indianapolis Museum.

Pages 7-12 - Comic - Another Light part 2.

Page 13 - Club advertisement - Club store exclusives are shown, and their proposed packaging.
    Nova Prime (the white Gen 2013 Optimus/Orion) looks to have a box that will have space for two other toys... the Membership Lio Convoy, and what looks to be a third version of the mould that reminds me of the Lucky Draw Galvatron toy. So could be a sneak peak of an upcoming Club toy, or an at-show Convention toy. (this is the first time they've produced packaging that has space for two more toys, as some previous boxes of theirs have had space for a second toy)
    Marissa Faireborn with Afterburner, which looks to be on a blister card like their GIJoe exclusives. They released some Depth Charge toys from a couple years ago on a blister card, so this isn't new to the Transformers club. The backing card is noted as "GIJoe and the Transformers".

Pages 14-15 - History of Prowl & bio of Animated Prowl.
    This is a new element to the Magazine that we should see for a while, having a rundown of an iconic character in the history of Transformers (or a part of it), and a selected bio of one version of that character name.
    I like it, as it is a good factual article on the more iconic characters.

Page 16 - Light entertainment.

Default Spoilers in this post

SG version of Orion Pax is Optronix. Seeing as the current TFCC comic is going the SG route again, simple redeco may not be out of the question. Or, it maybe another upgrade to OP thanks to his encounter with Unicron.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    SG version of Orion Pax is Optronix. Seeing as the current TFCC comic is going the SG route again, simple redeco may not be out of the question. Or, it maybe another upgrade to OP thanks to his encounter with Unicron.
    I still think it's related to the follow passage from here:

“The matrix they gave us... it’s fused with him, right down to his CNA. And I’ve got a sample, hidden away; it’s my own little Hail Mary contingency plan. So, you grow another one of him, and you get your own energon matrix. We could make a whole new army.”
    I could be wrong, but I still think it's related.

I didn't know that. And they can be such nasty buggers as well as finding us overseas members irritating I could totally see them doing it too

Pages 14-15 - History of Prowl & bio of Animated Prowl.
    This is a new element to the Magazine that we should see for a while, having a rundown of an iconic character in the history of Transformers (or a part of it), and a selected bio of one version of that character name.
    I like it, as it is a good factual article on the more iconic characters.
    I just read the comic, and see that Prowl is being drawn as Animated Prowl in their "Gen1" universe... which is why they had the bio in there, to explain the new form of Gen1 Prowl.
    Not sure why, unless it is supposed to hint at a merging with the Animated Universe soon, which was one of FunPub's most popular BotCon years... so it would make for a good excuse to return to that universe by crossing over into it like the regular universe did with the mirror universe.

I just read the comic, and see that Prowl is being drawn as Animated Prowl in their "Gen1" universe... which is why they had the bio in there, to explain the new form of Gen1 Prowl.
    Not sure why, unless it is supposed to hint at a merging with the Animated Universe soon, which was one of FunPub's most popular BotCon years... so it would make for a good excuse to return to that universe by crossing over into it like the regular universe did with the mirror universe.
    I'm pretty sure Ironhide is also done in his Animated version as well, I had to check closely. Am I wrong?
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot