Thread: JP Prime Breakdown & Micron

Default JP Prime Breakdown & Micron

From a recent Japanese hobby magazine are some finalised colours for some upcoming Prime toys - Voyager Breakdown, Voyager Starscream, Knockout, Vehicon... but it's the Breakdown that's most interesting, as it appears to be out in Japan before America (if Hasbro release it at all).
    The Micron partner is a Rhino. Knockout's is a Crab, Starscream's is an Eagle, while Vehicon's is apparently a Boar.
    (Knockout looks nice in a shiny red, compared to the two-tone red of the Hasbro version)

The scans also include news on MP12 & MP13, which is already being discussed here.

Breakdown looks sweeeeeeeeet. I was under the impression that he would remain a japanese exclusive?

I'll probably get Takara's Knock-out, he looks appropriately shiny. I want to see a better picture of... Gra(?)... Knock-out's Minicon's weapon mode though.

I agree - Knockout deserves a shiny finish, for the "evil Tracks" like character.

Interesting that they're calling Voyager Knock Out "Medic Knock Out." Did TakTOM give the same name to the Deluxe? I'm wonderin if TakTOM were unable to secure the trademark for just "Knock Out" and had to add that prefix to circumvent it. Also they're calling the Vehicon "Decepticon Vehicon" too -- possibly because the Japanese transcription of "Vehicon" is the same as "Beacon," so there could be another toy company sitting on or using that name for that purpose. <shrugs> Still beats calling them Tankor and Grappel.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Interesting that they're calling Voyager Knock Out "Medic Knock Out." Did TakTOM give the same name to the Deluxe? I'm wonderin if TakTOM were unable to secure the trademark for just "Knock Out" and had to add that prefix to circumvent it. Also they're calling the Vehicon "Decepticon Vehicon" too -- possibly because the Japanese transcription of "Vehicon" is the same as "Beacon," so there could be another toy company sitting on or using that name for that purpose. <shrugs> Still beats calling them Tankor and Grappel.
    Knockout is the Deluxe version (see the pricing - 4200yen for Voyagers, 2100yen for Deluxe), it just has different colours and the shoulders are folded up, instead of down the front on the Hasbro version.

As for the prefixes, there may have been a problem with just registering Knock Out, or TT wanted his function known to help sell it.

Takara Breakdown and Vehicon now shipping from HLJ!!

Images of (Voyager) Breakdown now that it has been released in Japan. Plus a video review.

While I was working on toy reviews and checklists (and my own collection listing), it had me thinking that the different names by TakaraTomy may be a way to help distinguish between the size-versions of a character, rather than not being able to trademark a character name (because they don't have any lettering after the names anyway). I don't think TakaraTomy use/name size classes like we do... and in the past have been known to have varying price points, based on the size of each individual toy.
    It's an idea anyway.

Just got my one one, and while he looks rather nice I am going to keep it sealed for the moment to hold out for a USA version release.