Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stores selling Transformers In Singapore

Note for the Sunday market/fair, you can BARGAIN with the sellers!!! (prob not the shop owners alright as they may not reduce much :P)
    Do do do bargain for the items you want. Also note that prices change for some sellers at the end of the day. Maybe more expensive (not cheaper)

Just wondering how much one should expect to pay for Henkei figures in Singapore shops that sell TFs?

I'm thinking about Astrotrain and Megatron.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    yeap...head down to:

1. China Square Central - Level 1 and 2 ...lots of stores. Go on a Sunday if you can as many other private sellers will be setting up stores to sell their own TFs and other amazing stuff

2. Excelsior Plaza/Centre (next to Funan IT Mall) - Basement. There's basically 2 stores there but 1 of them sells lots of TFs!! you'll be amazed and i'm sure heroic has put up pics before in the old forum

3a. Metro (reachable from Orchard MRT) and Toys R Us (can't remember the building name but its opposite Takashimaya where Metro is too)
    3b. Toys R Us (The Forum) up the beginning of Orchard Road...its quite a distance hence expect more toys there
    3c. Toys R Us (Suntec City from City Hall MRT). There's a couple of small shops in Suntec that sells TF stuff e.g. Pepsi Convoy and BTs even.
    3d. Toys R Us (Vivo City from Harbour Front MRT) This is where the GIANT Cybertron Megatron statue is

4. OG (reachable from Somerset MRT)

5. Takashimaya... sometimes there are other items on sale even TFs, Gundams, etc etc

6. Another site you guys can try to buy TFs from is auctions.yahoo.com/sg
    You can ask for a trade or win the auction and arrange to meet the seller (at their convenience and location)

[edit]
    Ohhh, I forgot to add Far East Plaza too....top floor. There are 3-4 shops there selling various TFs. Could try it out.
    Glad to find these posts coz I'll pass by Singapore on January on my return to Melbourne.
    It's gonna be a 10-hour stopover so I may only be able to visit a couple stores.
    Seems to me, Ice have listed the stores in order of priority, iz it?

Quote Originally Posted by funkyaw View Post
    Ended up going to CSC and was quite impressed with the number of toy stores on the L1 and L2.

Most of the stock was more recent lines (Movie, Encore, Galaxy Force/Cybertron) but there was random G1 stuff there. The worst problem I found was the lack of organisation of the displays. Boxes were just stacked wherever there was space and display cabinets had boxes hidden by other boxes making it impossible to actually see what was for sale.

Also most of the stores had loose toys in bags sitting in piles which would take hours just to sort through. You could easily spend a day just in this one place looking through everything..
    I havn't been to CSC but I wish I could dig some classics or a few MPs there.
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Wheel-J, i have but the last option is no longer available....
    there's another new store but not centralised that you can visit.

www.tfh.com.sg

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    Wheel-J, i have but the last option is no longer available....
    there's another new store but not centralised that you can visit.

www.tfh.com.sg
    Thanks a lot, mate! I'm good with your current list and that link is cool.
    Now I can plan my route around the city for a smooth and happy TF hunting. Wish me luck then.

Btw, should this thread be under the TF Sightings section too? No fuss, just a thought.
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Just my 2 cents

Don't bother with the Toys R us stores. IMHO they had crap all and I went to a few. They had some movie deluxes and animators (already released in Oz) from memory and that was about it.

Option 1 and 2 are the best, with option 2 being the better out of the two. Iceburn mentioned there were two stores (and there is) but when I went the lady in one of them said this is meant to be storage and not opened to the public But they both had so much TF stuff and some really rare stuff too!

depends on what you are getting i guess. TRUs can be a great source for old toys that we don't have it here too...so just try them out and they are easily accessible along Orchard Road areas.

Just sharing a few pics on my very short stopover to Singapore last month. Sorry it took so long and it may be irrelevant anymore
    (and also I used photobucket instead of flickr ).

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/w...pore_2009-Jan/

My TF hunting at Singapore is quite nice but unfortunately, I wasn't able to get many TFs as I planned due to the rain that time and an upset stomach which I suspect caused by the flight. Though, I was still able to score 2 henkei deluxes and a commemorative soundwave at CSC.

genuinely serious question, what are the prices like over there, for things like takara book style, and even the encores when compared to say what i can get them from evilbay for?

and apart from the apparent abundance of transformers whats it like to holiday over there? cause im actually considdering going for a week maybe....

i cant help with current prices, my folks were there in 2008 in June

they got me a MA21 movie optimus for about $90 and deluxes are about the same price.

I bought my TFC Megatron in 2006 in a shop for about $100

As for holidaying, the museum is good, the East cost is an experience, there are some old colonial houses that are abandoned around, go inside, theres St andrews cathedral in town, read about the Singapore mutiny