View Poll Results: Buy the God Bomber?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 46.15%
  • No

1 7.69%
  • Maybe... (feel free to drop a thought)

3 23.08%
  • Not even slightly interested

3 23.08%

Thread: Toy Review - TT Legends God Bomber

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Toy Review - TT Legends God Bomber

God Bomber
    Series - Legends
    Sub-line - Headmasters ( ?)
    Size/class - Voyager (I think, not sure of sizes anymore)
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - May, 2017
    Approximate Retail Price – 7,500Yennies
    Approximate Size - cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-modes - Trailer, Battle Station Base
    Main Colours - Blue, sliver
    Main Accessories - His body, he IS an accessory. Legs, arms, chest. God Cannon, GC Missile, sword blade and handle. Head.

He's big and impressive in robot mode, but definitely feels flimsy and falls apart easily. His shoulders have those nubbed ratchets and as a result, every time I move the upper arms, the fore-arms fall off. Very annoying. He does looks very, very cool though. I really like the robot mode, his proportions are a lot better the second time around

Vehicle mode is faithful to his G1 self in that it's still a trailer and looks like a thing of something. With wings. Sitting HM figures in the cockpit is cool play-wise. Battle station mode, is ... hmm. Unimpressive.

When combined with Super Ginrai it looks very cool. All the joints in GB make it a pain to get in the right spot and the instructions were vague and hard to see. Or, I am just really tired today (which I am) but it's fairly obvious in the end. God Ginrai is rather tall and very impressive. Once again, the proportions looks pretty good and he is poseable, especially when compared to the G1 toy

As a stand alone toy, I wouldn't recommend it. As an accessory for Super Ginrai he is highly recommended, especially if you are a fan of Masterforce. I am, I loved it!

A bunch of pretty sloppy phone pictures and chit chat on my blog. Mainly because I have forgotten my photobucket login....

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

...wouldn't happen to have hasbro's PMOP on hand would you to test with??

I seen some footage of someone who tried to combine the 2 and aside from the feet it all connected, it was in another language so I couldn't understand what else had happened, curious to know what works

Negatory old chum, but having a look at some pictures and grabbing my Ultra Magnus, I've come to the conclusion that the feet wouldn't connect, as Ginrai's feet have specific sections made to connect to GB's.

The arms wouldn't be very secure at all. The main connector for them is a peg and a hole, the hole being in Ginrai's forearm. The back of the arm kind of swings around and "grabs" (I use this term loosely) the trailer panels. Therefore, on PMOP the only thing holding the arms on would be the back connectors, which aren't well secured.

The back pack should fit fine. It connects to the tail lights of the truck and just kind of hangs over the chest, as a result, as long as PMOP's chest and stomach don't bulge out a massive heap, that should fit fine and dandy

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Negatory old chum, but having a look at some pictures and grabbing my Ultra Magnus, I've come to the conclusion that the feet wouldn't connect, as Ginrai's feet have specific sections made to connect to GB's.

The arms wouldn't be very secure at all. The main connector for them is a peg and a hole, the hole being in Ginrai's forearm. The back of the arm kind of swings around and "grabs" (I use this term loosely) the trailer panels. Therefore, on PMOP the only thing holding the arms on would be the back connectors, which aren't well secured.

The back pack should fit fine. It connects to the tail lights of the truck and just kind of hangs over the chest, as a result, as long as PMOP's chest and stomach don't bulge out a massive heap, that should fit fine and dandy
    Makes sense with the footage I saw, I suspect as much with the arms and feet connectors, it was the chest I was most curious about
    I wouldn't be asking but my lg ginrai is being held up by a rather infamous shop

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I initially thought you mean Hasbro's G1 PMOP.

Perhaps you can post the link and see if anyone here can translate for you
    Wasn't sure myself if my distinction was clear enough initialy but it got heard lol.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2554148&type=3

The toy used is clearly modified, this is actually the second post of it and seems the feet are modified to hold the super ginrai add ons seeing how he lifts it straight up where's before the feet dropped off as it should

I received one this week from lukematthewsutton - thanks Luke!

It came without instructions, as warned, but I found it easy to turn from trailer to robot. I haven't tried the power up mode yet.

It's very big and "blocky". To me the figure appears to be made of chunky rectangular pieces, like a robot made out of building blocks.

The forearms kept falling off. The arms kept untabbing whenever I tried posing them, the ratchets were that tight.

It's fine as a display piece, and as I've said I haven't tried powerup mode, but I don't think it's good as a robot you can throw around the room playing..... er, running battle simulations with.

I do like that Titan Masters can go for a ride in it.

Pretty late to this party. I recently managed to get an LG Godbomber for less than half price. Overall thoughts:

* It's flimsy, but not nearly as flimsy as I was expecting. I do like how it's not as partsformery as G1 Godbomber, particularly with how the legs don't have to detach when transforming between bot and vehicle mode, and also how the torso doesn't split apart. Reminds me a lot of God Magnus in terms of core engineering. Also like how they made the wings articulated so that it can shift to different positions without being detached. It feels like they've tried to make this toy as least partsformery as possible, but it's unavoidable given what the G1 toy is like.

* The flimsiest part would have to be the arms. Ridiculously easy to fall off. Even God Magnus' arms hold on better. The helmet also doesn't clip in well on the back of God Ginrai, and the sword hilt doesn't connect firmly with the blade.

* RE: forming God Ginrai; attaching the feet and body armour wasn't nearly as hard as I was expecting. Note: I've attached my Godbomber to my Titans Return Magnus Prime as I don't even own an LG Ginrai. Did they improve the connection points or is it just not as hard as some people make it out to be?

* I really wish there was a way for Ginrai's feet to lock in God Ginrai mode. You have to be careful not to accidentally move it and thus compromise God Ginrai's balance. It's as if he has a loose knee joint halfway down his lower leg!

* I love how the front of the trailer mode has seats for two Headmaster pilots.

* Making the leg connectors compatible with CHUG gestalts was pretty neat and adds a different level of play for Godbomber.

PHOTOS

Comparison with G1

Articulated truck mode w/ Magnus Prime

"Ginrai" riding Godbomber like in the show.

Cross compatibility with CHUG gestalts

With Magnus Prime

God Ginrai - G1 and CHUG comparison

God Ginrai - action poses

Overall
    Quite happy given what I paid, but certainly not worth the full price of admission. It's a fun accessory-former and way better than its G1 counterpart, but I just cannot justify its full RRP. Recommended only if you already have Ginrai or Magnus Prime and you can find this toy for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    ...wouldn't happen to have hasbro's PMOP on hand would you to test with??
    I initially thought you mean Hasbro's G1 PMOP.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    I seen some footage of someone who tried to combine the 2 and aside from the feet it all connected, it was in another language so I couldn't understand what else had happened, curious to know what works
    Perhaps you can post the link and see if anyone here can translate for you

I voted yes, simply because I pre-ordered the sucker months ago. I should see it some time in the next 6 to 12 months. then I'll have a real opinion.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)