View Poll Results: Will Trypticon battle your Metroplex/FM?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course.... I'm a completist

13 29.55%
  • Yes, can't wait for this awesomeness

17 38.64%
  • Only if the toy sales are good

7 15.91%
  • Once it hits clearance

4 9.09%
  • [Parent voice from childhood] how much??? No... Put it back... NOW!!!

3 6.82%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Trypticon

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Rear view
    Hey Gok, in this shot does your Trypticon have his tail sitting on the ground or is the ratchet able to hold up its weight? The reason I ask is because my Trypy's ratchet does not appear to lock to allow his tail to stay up.

Ta

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleb33 View Post
    Hey Gok, in this shot does your Trypticon have his tail sitting on the ground or is the ratchet able to hold up its weight? The reason I ask is because my Trypy's ratchet does not appear to lock to allow his tail to stay up.

Ta
    Mine can keep it up. See the 7th photo in this thread.

I reckon that'll need something stronger than nail varnish...

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    AVERT YOUR EYES CHILDREN!!!

For gods sake man.... Cover his crotch! (You missed a step in Full Tilts transformation)
    My eyes. The goggles do nothing.

How many of you didn't realise at first that the Headmaster unit plugs into the back of Trypticon's head and acts as a button to raise the head cannon?

I figured it out immediately (despite being half asleep at the time). Although the button is the actual port itself - you don't need Necro^Wipe-Out.

So, the tail is being tricky for me, when I first opened him up and put him in dino mode the tail was holding its own weight easily, but then as I transformed him the tail wouldnt lock anymore in that position and I figured I must have broke one of the ratchets or something. However after a bit it seems to have fixed itself... My guess is you just need to push the tail a little bit further to get it to click but that is something I will test another day, happy to have the tail able to support itself for the moment. Other than that its a beautiful figure, so much detail put into it and a lot of fun.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    Mine's left hip is gummy to the point of jammed.

I am sure someone mentioned a similar problem. How do you get into the hip and how do you fix it?

Thanks.
    Some of you may have noticed that reports of highly questionable hip ratchets are showing up. Guess who totally stuffed his Trypticon's left hip?

The left hip was tighter than the right straight out of the box. First transformation there was a bit of a clunk and the hip went to solid mush. So I took him back and swapped him

Got the new one. The left hip was again tighter than the right so I went straight to remedial work.

I McGuyvered it by placings the bottoms of a small Play Dough tub between the teeth of the ratchet. I looked at 20c pieces but they were too thick. Maybe try cutting up margarine containers?

So the ratchet joint is now a friction joint. As long as you are sensible Trypticon stands well enough. There is a tendency to nose dive if you get it wrong. Oddly enough dinosaurs do use their tails for balance. He is going to spend a few years serving as a toy so I don't consider this a problem. Especially compared to a child (or anyone with hands) crunching the hip.

That leaves one more problem. There are 3 ratchets in the hip. The smallest (the little green one) set on the left side are misaligned so the hip won't sit flat. There are two sets of teeth at either end of the joint. They are locked in and can't be adjusted. However the moving teeth can be taken out. I am going to try swapping the upper set with the lower set. It is about the only option I have got. If it doesn't work, it is a liveable flaw.

I will let you know how it goes.

How widespread are these hip problems? I still haven't opened mine, and am now worried that it will be a dud (or that any stock on shelves will be 'returned' with a flaw). I'm not handy with tools, and it seems a big task to disassemble his hips just to be able to transform him
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Very impressed/happy with this guy. Fortress Maximus was a real disappointment last year in a lot of ways, but this guy is much closer to the awesomeness of Metroplex.