View Poll Results: TF3 : DotM - worth watching?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

50 43.86%
  • good, see if you can

35 30.70%
  • average

22 19.30%
  • disappointing, avoid it

7 6.14%
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 3 : Dark of the Moon (spoilers)

I liked seeing it on 3D, well the TF battle scenes, not the human scenes. There's the usual annoying human drama in slow mo which is pointless. there's the usual humans not getting fractures or skin tears even though theyve been tossed like a ragdoll, although this time there are deaths, not enough considering the magnitude of the supposed salvo of attacks....but then I saw it for FREE so that's fine with me, good thing I didnt have much expectations after ROTF so this one is fine by me, way to end the series...KIll everyone off so no more 4th one since there's no one to defeat - kinda anticlimactic - as usual hehehehe
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    OR

+ Micheal Bay recast Morshower to come back in all TF movies as a running gag
    I was trying to find an in-canon explanation.

While it's not unusual for people to use the same actor/actress to play different characters within the same franchise - often without explanation - but sometimes they try to explain it. For example, Freema Agyeman initially played Adeola Oshodi in Doctor Who; a technician at Torchwood I who was killed by Cybermen. She then later played Martha Jones, one of the companions of the Tenth Doctor and later becoming a member of UNIT (and momentarily attached to Torchwood III). The official explanation for the two of them looking the same? They're cousins. That's right... identical cousins. (-_-)

The twins separated at birth excuse sounds more plausible to me. (<_<)

Saw DOTM for a 2nd time on Tuesday night with my Father and Brother - It still kicked a Longhaul's worth of Skid-plate with me having a much greater anticipation for Rosie's opening shot and Prime's glorious Energon Lust!
    I'm also very glad to see that Global 6 Days sales have totalled over 400 Million!

Soundwave and Laserbeak are easily the coolest characters in the film for so many reasons!

Saw it again today. Some dude sat next to me so I moved over one. He then moved over one...oh o......so I moved to the next aisle

I noticed more stuff this time around, namely barricade So there was a white and black version.

Cons felt a little lacking in combat ability just being smashed by the bots.

Hope to see it again in 2d

I really liked it. So did the Kids. But had some trouble when she burst into tears when she thought the Autobots were leaving. Yeah its a popcorn movie. But I had fun In fact im watching it right now

Finally got around to seeing it on Tuesday. So just a few observations below as everything else I was going to add has already been mentioned.

• I found the 3D to be more distracting than adding anything to the movie, hasn't changed that much from what I remember seeing in the 80s
    • I missed Megan Fox - somehow it didn't really feel like a Bayformers movie without her
    • That FPS shot near the end was completely unnecessary, almost as much as the ones through the mask
    • Sentinel Prime brutally slays Ironhide but lets Optimus off with a warning

The movie was mostly enjoyable except for the gratuitous Carly body shots, and anti-climactic fight ending. Many other already mentioned problems too, but for me it sits between the first and third movies in terms of overall enjoyability.
    Last edited by Tober; 8th July 2011 at 11:12 AM.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    In fact im watching it right now
    Hey, me too
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Hey, me too
    Wait a minute... How are you watching it while posting on this forum... Something fishy is going on here.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

saw it last weekend.... it certainly wasn't shakespeare, but i enjoyed it nonetheless.

it did have a couple of face palm moments though... lol ( cant make a pizza without cheese! )

janda